Author Topic: Food Safety Question  (Read 627 times)

Surveyor1

Food Safety Question
« on: November 30, 2021, 09:41:19 AM »
Fried Turkey on Thanksgiving.  Ate leftovers on Saturday.  Deboned and make Turkey pot pie on Sunday.  Is the leftover pot pie still safe to eat?  I usually would never eat leftover bird from the refrigerator 5 days after cooking.  That being said, did the clock start over on how long it is safe to eat after 1-1/4 hours in the oven at 350 degrees for the pot pie?  My head says it’s fine but I’ve had food poisoning in the past and that is a vacation I never want to go on again!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Food Safety Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:06:15 AM »
I would not have any problem eating it.  I believe you are right, the clock started over.  Besides if it was in the frig it is OK.

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 03:47:35 PM »
Survivor, we did the exact same thing with our turkey last year.  The turkey pot pie came from Peter Doocy's cook book and it was huge.  We rewarmed it two days later and we are still here to talk about it.  It is cooked and in the fridge, you are good to go!

Surveyor1

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
Thank you for the responses!!!  I felt pretty good about eating but a little group “attaboy” is always a good thing!😎🤔🙏
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal