Author Topic: Winter Bug Out Bag  (Read 2284 times)

Surveyor1

Winter Bug Out Bag
« on: January 04, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »
Well looks like 1000’s are stuck on I95 in Virginia because of ice and snow for over 15 hours.  There is a reason my get home bag changes from summer to winter.  I wonder how many are prepared to be stuck like this for many hours or days? 

Lol I have enough freeze dried coffee in my truck that I could open a “Starbucks” on the side of that stretch of interstate and sell for $15.00 per cup!  According to my calculations I could clear $2,500!😎. Seriously though this is a reminder to modify your get home bag to match the seasons! 

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/never-seen-anything-it-drivers-trapped-virginia-interstate-monday
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

Re: Winter Bug Out Bag
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »
I wonder how those Tesla’s and Chevy Volts are holding up?  People are out of water but obviously cannot see all of the snow?  17 hours and they cannot clear an accident and get cars moving?  They said people abandoned their cars to seek shelter.  I wonder how many of those “rocket scientist” locked their cars and took the keys with them?  The total lack of real world common sense is breathtaking 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:50:33 PM »
I wonder how those Tesla’s and Chevy Volts are holding up?  People are out of water but obviously cannot see all of the snow?  17 hours and they cannot clear an accident and get cars moving?  They said people abandoned their cars to seek shelter.  I wonder how many of those “rocket scientist” locked their cars and took the keys with them?  The total lack of real world common sense is breathtaking 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️…
Quite honestly,  I think my Chevy Volt would weather the storm just as good as an ice vehicle.  Running the engine to heat the vehicle works equally well as long as the gas holds out.  The idea is to keep your tank topped off when encountering bad weather or potentially bad weather.  I know it is stretching it but you need to have a little common sense.  I can tell my 2013 Volt battery is aged but it still gets me to town and back on battery.  Once home, I recharge using solar power: so, I think I will fare better than most if there is a fuel shortage.

engineer3d

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »
Approximately 4,000 primarily from Volkswagen Group brands, including Porsche and Lamborghini, were onboard and being shipped from Germany to the U.S. when the ship caught fire for still unconfirmed reasons, although some have suspected it may have been caused by a battery in one of the electric vehicles in the shipment.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/cargo-ship-4000-cars-sinks

Let's go green & walk everywhere b/c our electric cars caught fire & burned up. At least its easy to start a fire. No more flint & steel, ferro rods, etc.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 02:34:27 PM »
The extreme left just wants what it wants.  They have no idea what-so-ever, what it takes to get there.  Cost of cars?  Cost of charging stations at home and away?  Batteries from China, ya, nothing learned from the past there..... They are also looking at ten years, tops.
Meanwhile, use dirty oil and gas produced by a man who is currently taking down a peaceful country, and pay top dollar.
What about helping....let's say Germany....who is stepping up to the plate for the first time.  We could help ourselves and our allies, who are all being held hostage by the crazy man in Russia.  This is the real way to choke this ....this...this...monster.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal