Author Topic: Kabar - Becker BK2  (Read 2455 times)

RevJammer

Kabar - Becker BK2
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »
For a couple of years I have wanted one of these blades.  I have looked at them online, fondled them in the stores...  but still couldn't bring myself to drop the $60 to $80.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to returning a gift I got last Christmas...  the Army store didn't have the right size for the replacement of my gift, so I added a few bucks and bit the bullet to get the BK2!

For those of you who may not be familiar with this knife, it is a TANK!  A little over 10" in total length with a blade of over 5".  The blade is a full 1/4" thick.  Carbon steel, full tang blade.  For all the technical specs you can look here...  ---->  http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/1   

Tonight, I headed out to the back fence and decided to fire up my fire pit.  I took the BK 2 with me.  I started by splitting up some old 1x4's for kindling and some shavings.  This thing was shaving sharp right out of the box.  For as big a blade as it is, it still cut shavings like crazy.

I then proceeded to do some "batonning" on some 3" - 4" old gnarly logs.  Once again, this knife made short work of them.

This is an excellent blade (although I realize it's not for everyone...) that I would readily and HIGHLY recommend if you are looking for a blade of this type.  I'm pretty sure I can use it as a ramp to load my motorcycle in the back of my truck!  It's a BEAST!

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have (to the best of my ability)!

RJ

Nemo

Re: Kabar - Becker BK2
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
That KaBar is really nice.  And the name gives it credibility.  I really looked long and hard at that one when I bought my "always take into woods with me" knife.  I was real close to going with it but instead went with the Schrade SCHF 2SM. 

I really like the idea of a hollow handle with no issue of short tang.  The handle is the tang spread out and made into a cylinder.   A straw or 2 sealed up with vaselined cotton inside and a couple matches or piece of spark stick and I am good for 3-5 days in the woods. (or so I like to think)

But that BK2 was not far behind my Schrade.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal