Author Topic: off grid video games  (Read 871 times)

nj_m715

off grid video games
« on: June 03, 2022, 11:47:32 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Console-Classic-System-Consoles/dp/B09G6ZK5HM/ref=sr_1_20_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098MPRFRH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3

dont know why the links are so big, hopefully they work

from my limited research these things run on a smart phone sized computer. you can built them if you are a computer nerd or just buy one
you can get them with dozens of game systems and thousands of games. from pitfall and frogger to mario and zelda to newer play station games like tomb raider and sonic
it runs without internet and online subscriptions, all the games are saved and play from memory

I bought one from alliexpress with 10k games and 4 controllers, but even the cheaper smaller systems should keep kids busy for a while
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:12:32 PM by nj_m715 »

8greenbeans

Re: off grid video games
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 04:14:22 PM »
Anything after, and including, the ? can be eliminated as it is simply tracking information. That should help tremendously with link length.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
eliminated!

thanks

John Galt 1

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 09:28:44 PM »
Kids are grown up but we have everything from decks of cards to a backgammon and chess board.       The grown kids aren't so used to actual face to face socialization but they will learn to appreciate actually being in the same room with the person they are chatting with.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 10:18:51 PM »
Kids are grown up but we have everything from decks of cards to a backgammon and chess board.       The grown kids aren't so used to actual face to face socialization but they will learn to appreciate actually being in the same room with the person they are chatting with.

Part of my preps was, backgammon, chess, checkers and a case of playing cards!  I really wish I could find someone today to play backgammon and chess with!  (I printed out the rules so I can teach people🤦‍♂️🤔😳…)
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 04:53:00 AM »
We have tons of board games in preps. We have all the standards plus games like Carcasone, settlers of katan and many others I never heard of. Apparently “in person” games are a big thing amongst career military. And then there’s the old favorites like monopoly, Risk, Uno, etc.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal