Author Topic: Downhill slide speeds up  (Read 3188 times)

BennyMG1

Re: Downhill slide speeds up
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 05:01:25 AM »
Stock market down over 1200 points, 30 year fixed mortgage rates at nearly 6%, inflation creeping up. Sure feels like it’s started.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 10:22:39 AM »
The White House parties on, demanding applause for a bang-up job.  They are so out of touch for a country in crisis.  They much be very proud of the divisiveness, they are hand feeding our country.  If they had any conscience regarding the matter, they would have taken a look at what they were doing and soften their approach.  Election time is getting closer.  I pray they pay the price to their destruction.  I wonder about the false narratives they are cooking up in their caldron.
Two years ago, we rented a house for a two week vacation in Merida, Mexico.  The utilities were so high that we shared a light to read.  We never left a light on and left the room.  I reminded Thor of that exercise, though brief, it was a lesson.  I am pushing (and I do mean pushing), for a replay of that lifestyle, as I believe we will be shocked at our bills this coming winter.
Ariel

ProGeek

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2022, 05:55:24 PM »
Yeah, nice victory lap promoting nothing but more inflation.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2022, 08:43:21 AM »
Our Economy is still on the big Slide!
Layoffs? You Want To Talk About Layoffs? Here Are 10 Major Announcements Which Have Happened Within The Past 10 Days

Have you noticed that the pace of layoff announcements has gotten rather fast and furious lately?  Many of the biggest companies in the entire country are now conducting mass firings, and this is reminding many analysts of what we witnessed back in 2008.  During the “Great Recession”, millions of Americans ultimately lost their jobs.  Will we see a similar thing happen this time around?  Let’s hope not, but right now the signs are not encouraging.  The following are 10 major layoff announcements which have all happened within the past 10 days…

Fixit

BennyMG1

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2022, 04:40:45 AM »
Wow! If you get a chance, read the above article that Fixit shared. Read the entirety of the article. I have a feeling that we will start hearing about this a lot more.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2022, 08:40:29 AM »
Tech layoffs

The trend of layoffs in the tech sector continues. The axe is falling at HP (HPQ). And while it might be a slow, prolonged cut, it's going to be noticeable nonetheless.

https://seekingalpha.com/market-news/wall-street-breakfast?mailingid=29783533&messageid=wall_street_breakfast&serial=29783533.1809296&utm_source=seeking_alpha

Surveyor1

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2022, 01:14:01 PM »
Wow! If you get a chance, read the above article that Fixit shared. Read the entirety of the article. I have a feeling that we will start hearing about this a lot more.

Yep, “stuff” will be cheap and food will be high!  As predicted a few months ago…. Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2022, 02:46:58 PM »
Lane Furniture used to be one of the highest quality stuff out there.  Before I was married, I bought a bedroom set from them, out of the window of the finest store in our town.  I did not bring it home until I had it almost paid off.  Every week, after work, I would stop at the store and make my payment.  I remember when people admired it, I would say "It's Lane".  I was twenty-one years old and so proud of that massive set.  It lasted, like forever....  I don't know what quality they were building recently, but maybe the craftmanship died along with the company.  No insurance bridge will be a nightmare for many of those employees.  What a shame...no warning...
Ariel

YellowRose

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2022, 01:31:13 PM »
Wow.  That is horrible with no notice at all.  There is tons of furniture manufacturing around that area.  Makes me wonder what other company is next.  :(

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2022, 08:35:34 AM »
EPA Finalizes Rules to Decimate US Trucking Industry and Send Consumer Goods Prices Soaring
The EPA insists the new rules will protect public health, especially the health of vulnerable populations in underserved, overburdened communities.

This is pure leftist insanity and will force underserved, overburdened communities to pay more for their food and consumer goods.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/epa-finalizes-rules-decimate-us-trucking-industry-send-consumer-goods-prices-soaring/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2023, 07:54:49 AM »
LEI for the U.S. Declined Sharply Again in December

The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI) for the U.S. decreased by 1.0 percent in December 2022 to 110.5 (2016=100), following a decline of 1.1 percent in November. The LEI is now down 4.2 percent over the six-month period between June and December 2022 -- a much steeper rate of decline than its 1.9 percent contraction over the previous six-month period (December 2021–June 2022).

“The US LEI fell sharply again in December -- continuing to signal recession for the US economy in the near term,” said Ataman Ozyildirim, Senior Director, Economics, at The Conference Board.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/01/maybe_president_joe_biden_d_should_hide_this.html

BennyMG1

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2023, 10:51:16 AM »
Prepping 2.0 had a good show this past Friday about economic issues we are facing. You know it’s bad when people are smuggling eggs (under threat of possible $10,000 fine) across the southern border. I’ve been building a future customer base by giving away eggs at the rate of three to four dozen per week. Everyone offers to pay, but I tell them maybe I’ll charge for them later. They all tell me they like the duck eggs better than chicken eggs. Duck eggs are all we eat here and, other than the size, can’t really tell a difference (other than being a little richer). I do have one lady that insist on “gifting” us a bag of feed now and again. Of course she is number one on the egg list. I never dreamt I’d be an egg supplier. I’m planning on going to the USDA class next time it’s offered here so I can sell eggs outside of my little customer base here. I’ll be adding 8 more jumbo Pekins in the spring. Our county feed store will be taking orders for already sexed ducks next month. They are running a little less than $10 each sexed with a 15 minimum order. I have a prepper friend on the other side of the county and we are going to split an order.

nj_m715

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2023, 01:09:03 PM »
employing drug dealer tactics to build an underground egg empire
the first one's free lol

Abigayle

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2023, 01:27:29 PM »
Benny, Where does one find Prepping 2.0?
I have been offered a chance at a Master Canner Certification (I guess it's a real thing) but have not heard more about it.  Even with that, I wonder....will they capture me and put me in a canning factory?  I am laughing of course....kinda.  Or how about Master Gardeners being forced to grow neighborhood gardens instead of their own?
All the scenarios that sound so strange, don't seem as strange as they used to, when we see what is happening right now, today, here and abroad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal