Author Topic: Diesel Fuel could be gone by Thanksgiving  (Read 2226 times)

aces

Re: Diesel Fuel could be gone by Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 12:00:06 AM »
Not judging you,ever, milady! 

I was just giving the family input I am getting.

Sounds like you work awfully hard!

I pray this and another threatened rail strike all blows over so we can have a decent holiday season before the predicted recession.

John Galt 1

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2022, 08:11:25 PM »
As I've mentioned before I'm in the bulk fuel business.      We had a guy pay over $7000 today for emergency fuel tanks that can hold 3000 gallons of fuel.

People ae panicking and spending mad cash to buy and fill tanks of fuel.       

Unless something like a hurricane disrupts refinery production, we are good for fuel for this year and well into next year.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

aces

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2022, 08:45:30 PM »
Thank you, sir.

Good to hear!  I wonder who Fox News is talking to.

Abigayle

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2022, 09:01:08 PM »
Maybe someone should ask Tucker that question.  Meanwhile, it is all over the internet.  Reuters, Bloomberg, on and on.  Maybe it is a push to get people out of their diesel trucks and cars.  My neighbor told me her friend could not get it at two different stations today.  My son's friend at work also had to go to two different stations.  So is the fear holding creating the problem, or its there a coverup of the problem?
I am actually doing something fun tomorrow, or I would dig deeper..  Hope we can get answers.  Thanks John Galt.

BennyMG1

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 04:39:04 AM »
Pretty sure Tucker misunderstood the report and ran with a misinterpretation. We are currently down to 23 days (well, as of yesterday). This is a rolling number as previously mentioned here. Tickets people read something and ran with it. I’m sure heads will roll.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

tlwagg

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
I just talked to my nice, her husbands cousin called them last night to tell them that the trucking company she works for (here in GA) told all of their employees to stock up on food that things were about to get bad! That's all she could tell me.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Surveyor1

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2022, 03:39:10 PM »
Although I’m not a fan of any of the MSM outlets I will agree in theory with their assessment.  I would be very surprised to see across the board outages.  With my job I have to pay attention to logistics and I’m not hearing “much” about shortages.  Some drivers have said they’ve had to go to more than one station as they were told at the cheaper truck stop their delivery was running late, it happens but seems more frequent these days.

I agree that things don’t stop as the article said but if you use 100 gallons a day and are only able to put 50 gallons back in eventually you will run out.  That’s kinda where we are today.  For example:  less than a month ago we supposedly had almost a 30 day supply stored.  Today we have a 25 day supply on hand (remember these are also the same people telling you that we have 8.7% inflation).  This situation appears to be somewhat regional and it seems the southeast is in the crosshairs for some reason?  I’ll get worried when they tell us we have less than 20 days supply on hand.  That said, a major arctic blast in the northeast could really be bad as a whole lot of people use heating oil and if you don’t know where it comes from Google it….
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

nj_m715

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2022, 04:26:26 PM »
heating oil setting new record highs

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=M_EPD2F_PRS_NUS_DPG&f=M

and its already being rationed. fall just started
welcome to WWII england

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/10/26/business/new-york-new-england-ration-heating-oil-even-before-peak-winter/

up next price controls and nationalization
is this the dark winter of death we were warned about ?

not in russia, they get kicked off the internet for live streaming their natural gas
didn't know cooking was against terms of service

Abigayle

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2022, 06:42:18 PM »
I noticed at a White House briefing (what a joke) when reporters actually asked about the shortages, no good answer was given.  Usually, they whitewash statements....all is good, don'g believe your lying eyes...but not this time...They pretty much said they didn't know, but they are sure "their people" are checking into it.  Whom might their people be, and when do we get real answers?  We know Brandon will hit red states the hardest.
I am thinking since they have not answered, there must be some truth in it...just me..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 12:20:43 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

John Galt 1

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2022, 07:04:21 AM »
As I've mentioned before I'm in the fuel business.      Starting yesterday our buyer is trying to top all the tanks off.     There is a little more nervousness that there may be a diesel shortage.         
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

BennyMG1

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2022, 08:49:40 AM »
I have a friend at work that drives a diesel pickup truck and has an L bed tank that his dad used on their farm. He told me he is putting the tank in his truck bed and filling both up this weekend.

Could we see this as the beginning of panic buying?

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 03:16:56 PM »
A lot of you know that I have a 2013 Chevy Volt.  It is a plugable hybrid and has a 40mile battery range before the gasoline engine starts and runs to extent your trip.  My lifetime (62000 miles) miles per gallon is displaying 99.5.  I have an old pickup but have been thinking hard about an electric truck.  Yesterday I saw an add on a web page I was viewing for an all electric Chev Sliverado.  So I clicked on the add and started reading the specks and looking at the pictures.  There was never a price or price range displayed.  They did have a button you could press to reserve your very own Chev Sliverado EV.  I clicked it figuring that they would tell me how much the vehicle would cost.  I had to fill out the forms and in doing so found out that I could reserve one for $100.oo.  (Refundable)  So I did!  I now have a Silverado first edition on reservation.  Before I went to bed last night the phone rang.  It was a salesman from the dealer I chose.  The thing about it is the truck will not even be available until 2024.  Maybe by then I will have the money to pay for it!  Hi.

BennyMG1

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2022, 04:48:54 AM »
I heard somewhere that those trucks do okay unless you put them under load, like towing. Then the range goes from like 200 miles to 20 miles.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2022, 06:07:16 AM »
I heard somewhere that those trucks do okay unless you put them under load, like towing. Then the range goes from like 200 miles to 20 miles.
Thanks,  That is a question I will have to ask.  Right now I just have a place holder in line.  I looked at the Ford Lightning but you can not buy one.  They say their production is overwhelmed.  I suspect there was a problem and production is stopped.  Anyway they would not take an order.
It is coming to the point that if I own 3 vehicles then one should be an electric.  Especially if I have solar and can charge off grid, at least during daylight hours.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:35:10 AM by RWS »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal