Author Topic: Sleeping bags on sale 70% & 62% off  (Read 439 times)

Rockhopper

Sleeping bags on sale 70% & 62% off
« on: November 01, 2022, 10:46:49 PM »
With rumblings of energy supplies getting more expensive and tighter, not to mention rumblings of nuclear war which could precipitate bugouts, does everyone have a winter sleeping bag? If so skip this, but if you or family don't have one then you may like this sale:
Here's one that's -20 degrees on sale for 70% off
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101924174?pid=889627
And here's one that is 20 degrees but lighter to carry:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024960312?pid=834162

BennyMG1

Re: Sleeping bags on sale 70% & 62% off
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 03:55:54 AM »
Those are some great deals Rockhopper. Thanks for sharing.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 09:21:42 AM »
With rumblings of energy supplies getting more expensive and tighter, not to mention rumblings of nuclear war which could precipitate bugouts, does everyone have a winter sleeping bag? If so skip this, but if you or family don't have one then you may like this sale:
Here's one that's -20 degrees on sale for 70% off
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101924174?pid=889627
And here's one that is 20 degrees but lighter to carry:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024960312?pid=834162
. Guess what the family is getting for Christmas?  Last year, it was get home bags.  I think they have lowered their expectations, and have stopped looking for car keys under the tree, ha!  Thanks so much for the tip!
Ariel

coastiemike

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 06:12:03 AM »
From someone who is an active backpacker, be wary of the temp ratings.  There is no set standard a company is required to follow.  Essentially they can make up whatever temp rating they want.  If you are going to buy these, I would suggest you go for the -20 rated one.  A good rule of thumb that backpackers use when looking at sleeping bags is to add 10-20 degrees to what is the claimed rating.  A rating is for survivability, not comfort.  The sleeping bag will supposedly keep you alive at the rated temperature if you have the proper clothing on.  There is absolutely no way I would take either of those into the backcountry anywhere near their “ratings.”  Would be more like 0 degrees and 35 degrees respectively.

Also, if you’ve never been inside a mummy style sleeping bag, they are a very….constricting experience.  If you even have a hint of claustrophobia, you will hate them.  I have tried several top of the line mummy bags (down to -40 rated) and absolutely couldn’t use them.  As a side sleeper, they are definitely  a no go.  I also like to move a little from side to side at night and mummy bags don’t allow that.

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 09:38:32 AM »
I hear you Coastiemike!  I’m a little on the plump side (ok I admit it I’m fat🤦‍♂️).  Last time I slept in my mummy sleeping bag I dreamed all night that in the morning I would wake up and be a butterfly 😳🤔😎!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 06:51:15 PM »
When you live in the south and can layer, the cheaper ones should be just fine indoors.  We have heater buddies, and while propane lasts, a fireplace to curl up near.  Most of our heat escapes through our heads and I have knitted many soft, but tightly knit hats and scarves.  We can also through warm quilts over the whole mess!  Since we are not bugging out, but will stand our ground, these should work fine.  They came yesterday, but we took our two day vacation, soo have not checked them out yet.  I think that anything we have that helps, could be the difference of life and death.  Ga. winters are not that long and harsh.....no watch,,,this winter....twenty below!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal