Author Topic: 2023 Goals  (Read 268 times)

BennyMG1

2023 Goals
« on: December 28, 2022, 04:30:03 AM »
I’m sure we all are thinking about 2023 and wonder what it has in store. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be unicorns and rainbows. So, without compromising any operational security, what are your goals for 2023?

I am going to be working on health. I’ve had appointments with several doctors and am actually in surprisingly good health. I just need to lose some weight. So I’ll be working on that. I’ll going through boxes in storage and getting rid of clutter in order to free up space for preps.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: 2023 Goals
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 07:13:20 AM »
My goal for 2023 is to make my BOL habitable year round.  I need to improve the electrical system, Get water put in both hot & cold and put some wood heat in the building.  The recent -4F there this past week will get your attention.  If I complete all of that, things will be just lovely.
My other goal is to collect more garden seeds & fertalizer and just maybe start figuring out how to garden in zone 6.

Third is to continue gardening & canning in zone 8.5.

I am going to take January & February off - - recovering from surgery.  Thought I would get it over with now as later may be harder to accomplish.  I don't know what social conditions will deteriorate to this coming year.

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 10:10:36 AM »
After giving myself a large seed file for Christmas, I am going to start labeling and sorting.  I will put seed that is older than two years in bags to give away when people need it.
I am also going to do a better job of record keeping on storage.  We rotate pretty well, but I want a hard copy.
Each year, I make a promise to cut down on sugar.  Each year I break that promise to myself.  I think sugar is a drug.
Also working on being happy for what I have and not focus as much on what I thick I need.  That will just drive a person crazy. 
I am not keeping up on everything that I have set in motion, so will not add any new ventures this year.  When the greenhouse froze, I didn't even get out there and pick all the vegetables to see if any were not frozen yet....did not get the greens all picked, even though I knew the freeze was coming.  Christmas got in the way of preserving my food source and that was a mistake.  We didn't need all those cookies!  I hope I have learned something in regard to priorities.

Searchboss

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 10:21:44 AM »
Interesting coincidence here. I was just working on a list of goals for 2023 myself. Last year I did not prepare a written list, just a mental note of the things I wanted to accomplish, and many of them did not get done. While a written list is not truly necessary, having one does help to focus your thoughts on what you think is important. And preppers do like lists! Lol

Some of the things on my 2023 list are:
•   Buy another long gun and ammunition for it and to upgrade the optics on my current ones.
•   Rebuild and enlarge the PVC bird netting frame and replace the netting over our small grove of blueberry bushes. (Without which we would have no berries. That was proven!)
•   Prepare and plant a spring garden and keep it going till fall. (We plant a garden every year, but we don’t always keep it weeded and tended like we should, mainly due to laziness and the summer heat.)
•   Declutter and organize our storage area and add some more shelving.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal