Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 712 times)

BennyMG1

Happy New Year
« on: January 01, 2023, 04:51:41 AM »
Happy New Year! Went to bed early so didn’t stay up to ring in the new year. I’ll be starting my new years off at work.

Hard to believe another year is gone and here we are in 2023. It will be interesting to see how this mess pans out. I guess we will be finding out. I saw a story on Fox News yesterday morning about all the increases in different taxes on different thing starting 2023. New taxes on natural gas, as well as other things that will directly affect end user prices….which will hurt the poorest worse than anyone.  I’m thankful that I have made so many friends here through the years that been inspirations and have encouraged me. After years in this endeavor to be prepared, there have been times that I’ve been ready to drop it. I’m so glad now that I stuck with it and continue to prepare for whatever life has in store.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 08:43:48 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!

Although I must confess that with all the weird and unthinkable things going on, it feels wrong to say Happy anything.   It's a wish, though, that things will turn around, that things will get better.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

bountyhunter

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 10:36:16 AM »
Happy New Year from R4/R8!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

joebob