Author Topic: Food Safety and Security  (Read 442 times)

Surveyor1

Food Safety and Security
« on: January 16, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »
This article is not fear mongering.  For a number of years I performed work as a Food Safety and Security Auditor.  With the protocols that have been implemented the past 15 or so years having illegals crossing through these rather large fields, urinating, spitting and defecating through is definitely a cause to have to destroy the affected crops.  You fail an audit and the product cannot go to market, period.  Time will tell regarding the gravity of this situation but it has the potential to be simply devastating!

https://www.theblaze.com/news/food-security-jeopardized-crops-contaminated-illegal-migrants
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: Food Safety and Security
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 03:48:18 PM »
We made several trips to Mexico over the years and almost bought property there.  When walking in certain areas where crops were being grown, they smell like a city sewer system, only worse.  I always wondered who ate the crops that grew there.  Maybe in was grown for and by locals, who had built up a tolerance to whatever pathogens had to be present.  When I can't grow it here I sure read my labels.  No grown in Mexico veggies for us!  I never made the connection of illegals and food contamination, but it sure can be true.
Ariel

BennyMG1

Re: Food Safety and Security
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 04:31:40 AM »
Fox News picked up this story this morning.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal