Prepping > Power and Energy

Solar Flare Risk Increases

(1/3) > >>

Abigayle:
There is a huge sunspot on the other side of the sun.  It is so powerful, that it apparently it is so large that it is affecting the way the sun vibrates.  This is from spaceweather.com. It is moving rapidly.  I don't pretend to have a lot of knowledge about this kind of stuff, but this was expected to be a bad year for potential solar flares.  Quebec Ca., Eastern portion had a blackout caused by just this sort of thing.
A few years ago, when I was prepping, my medical chest did not include a large about of meds or even cleaners for a pandemic.  Sometimes, its the unexpected that can bite us in the butt when we are not looking.
What a perfect time for China to hit us and blame it on the sun....ya, that too....
I doubt that China is going to wait to throw something our way, until we have a weaker president in office... B. B & Bs.
Just thought that if you didn't have enough to worry about today, I could help you out.

Surveyor1:
Will be interesting to see the results of the data once analyzed by Europes Solar Orbiter…

Abigayle:

--- Quote from: Surveyor1 on July 28, 2023, 12:26:05 PM ---Will be interesting to see the results of the data once analyzed by Europes Solar Orbiter…

--- End quote ---
. Please explain....thanks
I went to EarthSky, where they have the current view of the sun's activity.  If you have never viewed this, or even if you have, it is a worthwhile sight.  Excellent View of the current activity.

RWS:
Well, if there is a solar flare, we will see how the starlink is effected.

Abigayle:
Funny R.W.S. If it were to happen, I am thinking you will have more on your plate than Star Link. Hmmm, maybe you will be entertained and we will be reading all our "how to" books....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version