Author Topic: My truck started all by itself!  (Read 4163 times)

Lilburner

My truck started all by itself!
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »
That was weird.

I'm sitting in my office typing or whatever and I heard my truck start!

I knew there was no other explanation like another vehicle because my truck makes a distinct sound.

I went outside in my underwear, big hurkin' cree LED flashlight in one hand, S&W SD40 in the other and approach with caution, aware in all directions and keeping my back to the wall. No one out there - truck empty - locked as a matter of fact. I thought maybe the cat was sleeping on my pants, but he wasn't - keys were in the pocket in my bedroom all alone.

I guess it caught a random radio signal? Some kind of weird, non-fatal EMP, maybe?

Anyone heard of such a thing?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

crplhood

Re: My truck started all by itself!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
Is it a Toyota? They are known to have a mind of their own :P and if you have remote start, I don't think that's supposed to be on any common band....with each receiver having a fairly unique freq

Nemo

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »
Gremlins?!?!?   Hacked by the Chinese?!    Invisible aliens?!?!    Whatever it is, you, armed, flashlight, in your skivvies, that would scare any creature or substance of any type in existence.  It will not return.

Possibly your truck might have just seen you in through the window and was trying to escape or at least find eye bleach.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

florida44

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 04:59:51 AM »
trying to remember if you drive a GMC. There is major issue with switch going on and off by themselves. Some have turned off while highway driving causing wrecks. Not sure if it is a recall or lawsuit but I think you can find something at least on wsbtv.com as they have mentioned it on news this week. Just listened in passing.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:35 PM »
It's a Chevrolet Tahoe, but the remote start is a third party security system.

It can't be driven without a key, and it shuts off after X (15?) minutes, so it can't be stolen or burn up all the gas.

I'm assuming it was just a random radio anomaly. I'm HOPING it's not a neighbor's new garage door.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

crplhood

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »
I'm going with EMP, cuz that's the coolest.

Country Singer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 02:20:42 PM »
I'm going with EMP, cuz that's the coolest.

I'm going with "offspring of Christine."  We can just call Lilburner "Arnie."

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »
I like the Christine thing also. Just another question, when it started by itself was the radio playing???
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »
If it was going Christine on me, Lilburn would be a lot nicer place to live, if less populous. Maybe I should check the local news.

Gosh - radio? Between Amateur radio and the BT stereo, I haven't listened to the radio since I don't know when.
~ Daniel Webster

MoleStomper

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal