Author Topic: SEPN Meet: North Atlanta Survival Expo: Gwinnett Fairgrounds August 27  (Read 7816 times)

Lilburner

This worked out great last year - had a fantastic turnout turnout so I'm just going to largely copy it in from a couple posts.

First, the show itself.

RK Shows Prepper Show
Gwinnett CO Fairgrounds
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Aug 27 - Aug 28

Saturday 9-6 Sunday 9-4

2405 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30045

http://www.preppershowsusa.com/?act=sid&id=325#listing

There's a 25% off coupon showing now. I'm not sure, but I have a hunch that may be an early bird bonus, so you might want to go ahead and grab it - it will be sent to your email where you can archive it.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:41:42 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Come out and join us on Saturday, August 27th at 1:00 PM for a Meet and Greet and Lunch to coincide with the North Atlanta Survival Expo in Lawrenceville, GA at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds.

Time: 1:00 PM
That should give you plenty of time to hit the show either in the morning or the afternoon as it runs from 9-6. Also, they hand stamp, so you could go, take a lunch break, and go back

256 Gwinnett Dr
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
(Almost at the intersection of Hwy 124 & Gwinnett Drive)

(770) 338-7577

It's 2.7 miles from the fairgrounds. Click here for Google Map directions from the show to the restaurant

All are welcome! Old-timers, visitors, interested parties. There won't be an agenda - just lunch with good friends and new friends and a good time to be had by all.

If you're driving in a ways and not familiar with the area, there is just about "one of everything" on the main drag out by the fairgrounds including an Academy Sports and a pretty decent Army/Navy store if you want to round out a full prepping day.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:07:33 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
It was a good time last year. Thanks for posting this again. Looking forward to it.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Nightgaunt

I made lunch last year...maybe I'll actually hit the show this year too! :)
"Ipsa scientia potestas est."
      Georgia | Region 5

Lilburner

Bumping this up because I told some people about it today and told them to check here for details.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Bumping up while I belatedly put this on the home page as the next sitewide event.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
~ Daniel Webster

Amish

Had a great time Last year. I look forward to this year.

Gunner

Re: SEPN Meet: North Atlanta Survival Expo: Gwinnett Fairgrounds August 27
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »
 have been out of the loop a little   LOL... but trying to get back into the swing of things....Hoping to make this event and then the campout !!!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 09:35:44 PM »
Update: Door Prizes!

These are all courtesy of TruPrep. Thank you so much to prepperjoe and the gang at TruPrep.

I'm not sure if they'll have a booth there, but stop by and show some love if they do. (Hint hint - y'all gonna be there? Any specials to look out for?)

~ Daniel Webster

Nightgaunt

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
I forgot this was happening this weekend, and made plans to go to my sister's. So unfortunately I won't be able to make the meeting/show. That's really disappointing, as I've been looking forward to it! On the bright side though, we'll be coming home with loads of locally raised beef, pork, chicken, possibly venison, and fresh eggs; so it's not all bad. I'm just sad to be missing the meetup though, especially since it's been awhile since we've had one. I hope everyone has a great time though! :)
"Ipsa scientia potestas est."
      Georgia | Region 5

florida44

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »
Not going to be able to make it either as it happens. Bummed about it too. You all have fun.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Starlady

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »
I'm planning on it - assuming the swelling on the right side of my face goes down enough to where y'all will even recognize me, thank you Mr. Hornet. 
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to the show and looking forward to seeing everyone who can make lunch.

Had a great time last year.

Anyone shopping for anything in particular? Anyonne have any favorites from last year?

Trying to remember if there were any food bucket deals last year. I don't remember specifically. My favorite thing from last year was the Minuteman Stove - a rocket stove built in to an ammo can. I also got some flares, and some space blankets from Dr. Bones and Amy, who I enjoyed meeting. Also got my favorite new little LED lantern I reviewed back when the poser went out.

~ Daniel Webster

Wabbit

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
I am planning on being there, God willing.  If anyone wants Yarrow, I found another patch and can share.  Full sun, hillside with good drainage is best.  Grows fine in GA clay.  You might want to put in container or at least watch the spread.  It is prolific.

Just post on this thread by Friday at 7 pm  that you want some yarrow & I will bring to lunch and I plan on being at the show in the morning session on Saturday.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:43:46 AM by Wabbit »
"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

Starlady

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »
Wabbit, yeah, bring me some?
What do you want in trade:  a small one yr old mullein (it flowers 2nd yr), narrow or broadleaf plantain, seeds?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal