Author Topic: bugging out at night..  (Read 1877 times)

jimLE

bugging out at night..
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:19:23 PM »
one thing i learned when i was younger.is that i can drive with no headlights or parking lights,during a moonless star lit night..it was just a matter of giving my eyes time to adjust..so if a person has to bug out for what ever reason(s)..then they might have to at night.and why let others see your headlights and parking lights from who knows how far away? so it's just a matter of removing the bulbs for brake lights and not turning the parking/head lights on.or pull the fuse(s) for them..then reinstall when the time comes..but yet this might mean driving 10 mile per hour. or slower..this i might want to try this out where i live now,seeing how i live in the country.and there's plenty of back roads here for me try this on.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

Farside

Re: bugging out at night..
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »
You mite want to try buying some night vision device. The cost has drop so you can pick up goggle for $250 to $500. and monocular from $69 to$200. Now if you need the gen 2 or 3 goggles plan on $1500 to $4000. That will put a dent in the bank. 

bountyhunter

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:03:26 PM »
I used to do that a lot. If you know your area well enough it can be done. Every now and then when I go in to my property I drive the back roads with out lights to see if I can. Just gotta go slow. Don't do it during hunting season because the Rabbit Sheriff might not be so understanding.......
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Nightgaunt

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:51 AM »
You mite want to try buying some night vision device. The cost has drop so you can pick up goggle for $250 to $500. and monocular from $69 to$200. Now if you need the gen 2 or 3 goggles plan on $1500 to $4000. That will put a dent in the bank.

I seriously need to win the lottery. :)
"Ipsa scientia potestas est."
      Georgia | Region 5

cope

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »
I don't recommend taking out the fuses or bulbs as you may have a reason to turn the lights back on in a hurry.

Instead wire a switch like I used to do for some undercover police cars. I would wire them up a switch so they could push in on the brakes and their brake lights wouldn't come on. It allowed them to slowly sneak down a road with their lights off and still brake without lighting up the brake lights.
it was just a simple toggle switch on the dash they could reach down and flip on or off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal