Author Topic: Southeast Preppers Resource Map  (Read 22675 times)

wiseguy

Re: Southeast Preppers Resource Map
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
This looks like a good garden and feed store.  I was just there today and picked up some potatoes for planting and some seeds. 

They had baby chicks and roosters for sale as well if you wanted to start your own chicken coop.   

Northside Fence & Garden, Inc.
950 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Sugar Hill, GA 30518 United States
T: (770) 932-1244 F: (770) 945-8770

Enjoy

cope

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 01:00:09 PM »
I thought this was pretty important and would've gone over better. I don't see many downloads. But oh well. I have large format maps of my A.O. both aerial, as well as topographical, as well as gps devices and computer files.

All my maps are laminated and I have small hand held maps that are laminated to hand out to people in my group. Grease pencils allow me to write or mark up the lamination.

I have small medium and large as far as just my land, 1 mile out, 10 miles out, entire county, surrounding counties, and state. Then I have my secondary bug out location the same way. That way I can go to whichever detail map I need.

Lilburner

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
wieguy - thanks! Added

cope - I agree. It's one of my favorite things and I put a lot of work into it - figured it would be a centerpiece of the the forum, but didn't make much of a splash.

I added one of your files when I figured out how to import and default the layers to off. I'll add more as I work on it if anyone whos a glimmer of interest in the project.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 07:56:14 PM »
Looks like a Terminal failure on the whole layers idea.

I added one more, and then it wouldn't let me add another

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

cope

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
wieguy - thanks! Added

cope - I agree. It's one of my favorite things and I put a lot of work into it - figured it would be a centerpiece of the the forum, but didn't make much of a splash.

I added one of your files when I figured out how to import and default the layers to off. I'll add more as I work on it if anyone whos a glimmer of interest in the project.

Yeah its important to know your area. And i don't mean driving down your road everyday, I mean REALLY KNOWING your area. Google Maps and google earth have opened up a whole new world to us in our own neighborhoods. Its amazing what one can find that you didn't know was around you. And can be scary too what is right around the corner you had no idea about.

That said I have no idea what a terminal failure is or layers thing is LOL must have to do with the website.

DLBPrepared

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 05:49:52 PM »
This probably would be good information in a grid down situation.  Locations of all natural springs.

http://www.findaspring.com/category/locations/north-america/usa/georgia/

Lilburner

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
What a great resource!

Thanks and welcome!

I ran into a little bit of a problem with the map. I can only have X number of layers - 10 I think, so I lost interest in a it a little bit, and it never really caught on with the members, so I lost interest in it somewhat. I still use it for personal use.

Hopefully (free) technology will catch up to our needs and we can fet it to full potential!
~ Daniel Webster

EC-07

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »
cope - I just downloaded the files and keep getting a "Microsoft Office cannot open this file because some parts are missing or invalid" error.  Should I open it with Google Earth instead?

Lilburner

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »
For some reason, the .doc files aren't doing right. Not sure if it can be fixed. They worked at some point, so it must be a problem on the server side. I can try to run them in from backups.

I'd like to continue with this map, but the problem of a hard 10 layer limit just kind of killed me unexpectedly.

If anyone has a resource other than Google Maps to do it in, that would be great.

~ Daniel Webster

cope

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
I know this is old but I just recently logged back on here. Haven't been here in a while.
The doc files need to be renamed to .kmz instead of .doc
Then they work fine just tried them out to check.
Also google earth pro is free and doesn't seem to have a limit to the number of layers. Maybe google maps does but google earth does not seems too. If it does I haven't found the limit yet LOL :) I have over 100 LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal