Author Topic: Hello from Fortson/Columbus  (Read 2617 times)

adf1997

Hello from Fortson/Columbus
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
From the outskirts of Columbus right on the county line. I'm 18, I don't really have much to bring to the table right now. If I get the police cadet position at the Columbus PD I will be spending a majority of my off time and extra spending money on prepping. Started to look at different hobbies a while back and this one really sparked my interest. I think it could be a lot more then just a hobby once I really start to get into it. I hunt, whitetail and dove mostly I also fish quite often, anything that's biting. I'm nationally registered as a basic EMT and I'm starting a course next month for advanced. I also have some battlefield medicine training from the Army, I'm currently a 68W in an infantry unit in the Alabama National Guard. I hope to get some good advice and meet good people on here! Any advice or tips on how/where to start would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:41:20 PM by adf1997 »

Lilburner

Re: Hello from Fortson/Columbus
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Glad you could join us.

Make yourself at home.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:11:18 PM »
Welcome! You're farther ahead than most of your peers already :) I started out quite young myself.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »
Welcome, glad you found us. Feel free to ask questions and post away. Thanks what the site is all about. Your starting out earlier than most, and remember we all started from square one whether we knew it or not. At least you know it. As you get further into it, it will be more than a hobby, it does become almost or for some a lifestyle. It is a lifestyle that has a lot of benefits.

Again welcome, glad to have you...
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

bountyhunter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 06:15:41 PM »
Welcome aboard! I am in Region 4 and you are in Region 8. Region 8 used to meet at my property back in the day....lol
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Dray888dyoc

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 11:11:36 PM »
Anybody know where Region 8 meets now?

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
Anybody know where Region 8 meets now?
There have not been enough Region 8 members before to meet.  Looks like we just picked up 2 in Harris County.  The prepers I have met were at State wide activities like the Fall Campout coming up in a few weeks.  It is a boondocks campout and members come with anything from a pup tent to motor homes.  You bring what you have.  It is a good place to meet and greet.

Dray888dyoc

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 04:16:06 PM »
That sounds awesome.Are there any links to the info and date coming up?I'm interested in going.

Country Singer

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »
Here's a link to the Fall Camp Out thread: it's being held 09-11 OCT at Cedar Creek Wildlife Management Area.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

joebob

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »
Welcome

tlwagg

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:17:08 PM »
Welcome!
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »
Add....An easy way to start is when you buy something that you like to eat, that has a long shelf life, buy one or two extra...check each shelf-life, as somethings old gets mixed in with new.  Be sure to have some flour, Yeast and sugar on hand.  Yeast is the first thing to go, when people have to stay home.  There are great U-tube demonstrations and yes, real men make bread!  Pick up some extra batteries for things that are important to you around the house.  Have a good flashlight and knife...That should get you started.  Water, of course...store water!
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal