Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Bugging out - Bags/Locations/Vehicles / Re: Sure Is Nice!
« Last post by RWS on March 19, 2024, 12:19:43 PM »
Yes.  At my BOL region 2 I plan to plant many of the things mentioned in this article.

https://prepperswill.com/a-few-perennials-you-need-to-plant-once-for-years-of-food/#Groundnut

I started my Ramp patch 2 years ago.  Ramps are mentioned in this article.  The article neglected to tell you that Ramps grow above 3000ft in elevation.
« Last post by Surveyor1 on March 19, 2024, 12:08:11 PM »
In college if you don’t make the grade to take algebra 101 you can take algebra 100 or pre-algebra. For all of us here this video is like “An Introduction To Pre-Algebra”…. If you have 3 days or even 3 weeks worth of supplies for what is coming, you are simply prolonging the inevitable…. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some really good info in here but one should be focusing on many months if not years!
« Last post by RWS on March 19, 2024, 08:23:24 AM »
I now see what people are talking about the Dep of Homeland Security and stocking up.  Here is one of their publications.  My wife watched this and started getting very nervous !

Off Topic Discussion / Freeze warning - tonight Monday March 18 2024
« Last post by aces on March 18, 2024, 03:49:15 PM »
It is going to freeze especially outside the Atlanta environs tonight.
Cover tender plants  you might have!
Pick those ripe berries and take them in with the hatchlings, kittens, etc. that are also tender right now.
Plants, pets and pipes, right?  ;D
« Last post by RWS on March 17, 2024, 08:27:19 AM »
If you are new to Prepping, take a look at this video

Food and Water / Re: Why You May Want Take A Look At Cranberry Beans
« Last post by RWS on March 17, 2024, 08:23:08 AM »
I ordered a few seed and will try them out this year as a new addition.  I hope the old saying is True !  Try it you might like it !

Food and Water / Re: Prepper Company mentioned on National News!
« Last post by Abigayle on March 16, 2024, 04:29:50 PM »
8 Beans, Yes, more than a little weirdness going around. F.E.M.A. used to recommend that you "store" and that is just an expression in this case....Three,,,, yes, three days of food in case of an emergency. WHAT? We have flash flood warnings that last longer than that. Anyhow, a few months ago, they upped the ante.  They went from three days to three months. So, if you have six months will they come by to collect your "extra" three months for those less fortunate? (translates to, lazy?). I told my own family, bring food and your weapon.  If you don't trust what I am telling you, stay home.  I will only share if you get ready. This is tough to say, following a death, but it holds true.  Give up a twelve pack or whatever.
But I digress....there are also warning signals more often on TV.  On Caveat,  they are not stating "this is a test, this is only a test".  Crickets.....nothing.... Put it all together and what do you get? Not a coincidence...something else.  I am not wasting my tinfoil on a hat...
Food and Water / Re: Prepper Company mentioned on National News!
« Last post by 8greenbeans on March 16, 2024, 01:55:14 PM »
We've been noticing the mainstream media/gov recommending people get stocked up prior to the eclipse. It's kinda weird.
Food and Water / Re: Why You May Want Take A Look At Cranberry Beans
« Last post by Abigayle on March 16, 2024, 08:30:38 AM »
Check your local Ingall's if you still want to try Cranberry beans. They had the small bags at our Ingall's recently. They were two something a package, but when you think about it, a small amount goes a long way.
Deals, Sales, and Coupons / Re: My Patriot Supply Egg Noodles
« Last post by Abigayle on March 16, 2024, 07:08:49 AM »
Downside to shredded hash browns in number ten cans is have to re-hydrate, then dehydrate all over again, in the cooking process.  The price point is comparatively good, with. the price of potatoes rising. If I think slice and put them in a quart jar, I will throw a  little baggy of powdered cheese and one with minced onion.  I add a piece of butter from the freezer. So far, I have been rotating my frozen butter and yeast, rotating up  to two and a. half years.
A reminder to have some bottled lemon juice on hand for use in your canning of any low acid foods. This includes many tomatoes now. You can also freeze some of it in ice cube trays (the small ones) and throw them in a. freezer bag.
Here's another thought....Marshall Law, which. of the above would they ATTEMPT to. take to share?  What would the city-for-hire employees trust to feed to others?  I won't go into detail regarding that issue on here and neither should you.  Just call it "food for thought"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal