Author Topic: Proper Hog Hunting  (Read 4256 times)

Nemo

Proper Hog Hunting
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:04:41 PM »
Nuff Said.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

Re: Proper Hog Hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »
I really don't like that. It's upsetting to watch.

They almost certainly maimed as many or more than they killed outright. And even the ones killed instantly, if any, are going to have a tremendous amount of waste.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

elandil

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
I would kill to be able to go on a good hog hunt...but not like that. I want meat to carry home, ya know..
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
That's pretty disgusting on a lot of counts.

JMO
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

crplhood

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:42 PM »
That's sick. I hope they receive the same fate as the pigs. I take few pigs every year, but that is neither sporting nor responsible.

Nemo

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »
Cannot disagree with any of you.

Except for the part from crplhood where he says he gets a few each year.  I do not get to get them.  But when he goes next time if he tells me in advance I will go with him.

Nemo

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

crplhood

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
Would be glad to have you along. I normally nab them while stalking deer in the pine log WMA.

elandil

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
Would be glad to have you along. I normally nab them while stalking deer in the pine log WMA.

We need to chat..  ;)
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

crplhood

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
The pine log WMA allows camping. I'd be glad to organize us a 2 or 3 day excursion

Nemo

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »
Yeps, thats going to have happen.

Nemo

Amish

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
 Keep in mind in area's such as Texas this is an invasive species that is devastating agricultural industry. They are looked at as a nuisance animal and treated as such. One feral sow produce 1.5 liters a year. Averaging 5 to 6 piglets per liter. A gilt can begin reproducing as early as 6 months. They stay in heat practically year round and have nearly a 100 percent breeding rate. It does not take long to grow out of control if left unchecked. I would agree with you in area's that the pig is hunted out of sport and the population is and can be controlled this would be cruel. However putting the shoe on the other foot if I were a farmer in Texas;losing hundreds of acres a week to an invasive species that is destroying my lively hood because the population can not be controlled by preditors and hunters alone. As cruel as it may seem I would probably blow the nuts off some pigs too.

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »
I understand the destructive species thing absolutely.

But of all the people involved, they all could have taken a shot on a signal, and probably a second before the survivors would react if they were adequate marksmen. And ultimately get more kills! Even so they took all the time to stand around and celebrate instead of rushing down there to dispatch the wounded.

As the only solution to something that threatens our food supply, I could grudgingly accept it with guidance from God, but the video itself didn't represent that.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal