Author Topic: Portable, self contained weatherproof intruder detection system  (Read 4326 times)

threelegdog05

Maybe I've simply missed seeing it, but I've often  wondered about the lack of conversation regarding the adaptation of today's weatherproof professional grade alarm gear as it could be applied for shtf situations. I'm aware of the military use of such equipment. Would be great to know somethings moving outside the wire, way outside the perimeter. Most of the equipment I've used over the years is rated at 750 feet, 1400 feet, and then ten miles. This is open line of sight, but if utilized for field use, buildings will not be in the way. A few trees being between the detection device and the rec effeiver would have little effect. Just no metal.The equipment is available on the internet, none is cheap cheap, but it's not outrageously expensive, and will work for years, many years. I sold and installed this stuff for years, and I believe I could post step by step instructions,  with photos,  that would allow nearly anyone the ability to put together a simple 750 foot range system. Trip wires can be assembled from clothespins, one particular weatherproof motion I have great respect,  sells for about  $150.00 .A little pricey but they are super reliable. They can be moved around, keeps the bad guys from scouting their placement and avoiding them. I'm in the process of putting together a small portable unit that will alert me with low decibel buzzers. I'll gladly share the plans with any interested site members.You guys let me know what you think.

jimLE

Re: Portable, self contained weatherproof intruder detection system
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:35:26 AM »
something like the professional grade alarm system(s) would be great here.on account we have open fields behind us and across the street in front of us.but yet.there are areas in which we cant see..and if i could come across one type thats heat activated from body heat,when it comes to the cameras and all.would make it even better.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

threelegdog05

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 01:26:12 PM »
The weatherproof motions infrared beams respond to body heat, or the thermal image of a human. Movement plus thermal image for alarm. Only drawback is the 40' x40' pattern. I believe in the barbed wire channeling of people with bad intentions. It's possible to buy 9volt powered active beams now, 200, 300,400 feet narrow beams, but they are pricey. $500.00 & up. Search opex battery powered active beams. They work great, and are easy to install, work off a wireless transmitter just like motions, just cost so much. I need a set now, just hate to spend that much. I can say enough good thinks about their quality, but I can buy many of their motions for that price. You wouldn't want to expose them to possible vandalism. I would want to install them on the opposite side of a railroad crosstie for sure. They stand out in the daylight. A couple motions and long trip wire for covering approach lanes cheaper.

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »
opex battery powered active beams

Google takes me to opTex for that.  Got the right one?  Just asking for the competition aspect.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Farside

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 10:47:55 AM »
Sound like a dog to me.  ;D

threelegdog05

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Optex.didn't catch my error,  sorry.I'll post some model numbers.

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »
I am interested in this.  I have a reliable set-up now but always look for improvements.  Maybe something that can expand the perimeter and it would have to be pretty big.

Coverage is now pretty good and rather wide also.  See below.

Nemo

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

threelegdog05

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
Nemo; some people "think" they have a guard dog. That's a guard dog. Our goat herd normally runs around a hundred head or so. We are in coyote country,  and the red wolves growing in numbers rapidly. That boy could could level the playing field.

Nemo

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »
If you have red wolves around I can detail a squad of dogfaces to you.

Nemo

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
This all seems so cryptic to me.

WAS the original post about dogs?

This has all flown right over my head.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 10:29:20 PM »
OK, back on topic, ground based intruder detection radar or something similar.

Nemo

threelegdog05

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 03:31:59 AM »
jimLE, you can look up the weatherproof motion detector I've mentioned,  Optex 402R. This motion operates off a regular, common 9 volt battery. It's housing has a "back box", or area, to hold the wireless transmitter. You can go this route, or the method I prefer,  which is to place the wireless transmitter in a 4"x4"x2" pvc junction box (see Amazon. com). You run a 22/2 or 22/4 cable, station wire, out of motion to transmitter in j-box. This allows locating the transmitter at a greater height, and facing the transmitter in direction of the wireless receiver. We will attempt to cover the assembly of a 750' system using a Linear dxr-702 two channel receiver, using Linear Corp. DX531 single zone transmitters. The receiver will require a 12volt 4amp hr., or better yet, 12 volt 7 or 8 amp hour battery  for remote use. When you research/Google linear dxr-702 receiver,  you will see the metal antenna located at top of device.  This antenna can be attached directly as seen, or using RG-59 co-ax, up to 20' away (up). This the great feature of this receiver.  I've seen perfect 100 per cent reception at distances greater than 750'. You can enroll more than two transmitters on this receiver,  but you will only have two alarm (buzzer) outputs. You could have six, or twelve motion/transmitter combinations, but you would have to array maybe as six south, and six north, so as to have two different buzzer tones to identify direction of the "trip". I'm probably not explaining it as best as possible,  but we can come up with a better way as we go maybe. Photos will help. Drawings. We'll get there. These device combinations/set ups typically are for permanent locations.  Receiver in the home, motion covering driveway,  etc. I think a self contained setup,  maybe housed in a 81mm ammo can would be best for the prepper situations. Array the motions/jboxes on a stake, ammo can with receiver near the man on watch, or in a vehicle, etc. I need the vehicle setup . Watch over of different buildings,  livestock nighttime sheds.I'M gonna try to list all the pieces parts (components ) , I'll call and alarm distribution outfit I used to buy from for their over the counter prices, so you will have price baseline.  Help keep someone from paying too much for components.I have installer cutsheets on these devices, I'll dig them out. If anyone out there has interest in this project, throw your ideas my way, how to better convey info , etc. I'm gonna try to draw up a plan, y'all Google up the gear, check pricing, and we'll carry on a little later.

cope

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
there are wireless ip cameras that can have sim cards that call when motion is detected to your cell phone so you can watch on your phone who or what set it off.

Also dakota alert has MURS radio setup good for a mile or more depending on terrain that will alert you of cars of movement. The car one you bury a thing in the driveway and as the large metal vehicle drives over it it senses the metal to setoff the alarm. It can do multiple zones.

These are more commercial off the shelf available products that work fairly well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal