Author Topic: New 13x16 Wall Tent w/ angle kit - $795  (Read 2765 times)

elkmountaintents

New 13x16 Wall Tent w/ angle kit - $795
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »
Hello! I've got several 13x16x5 wall tents available. They come with an angle kit. $795 each with possible discounts for group orders.

I've got a website if you would like to see some pictures: www.elkmountaintents.com

Standard Features
•6 Screened Windows
•20 Piece Angle Kit. (This allows you to build your own complete frame out of 3/4" EMT conduit, or 1 3/8 top rail if you would like something stronger)
•Wire Support System. (Provides additional structural strength by tying your angle pieces together, as well as a place to hang gear)
•Water Resistant Treatment
•5ft Sidewalls
•Zippered Front Door
•Ridge Openings at the top of the tent (a pully-based drawstring allows you to open and close without a ladder)
•Uncut Fiberglass Stove Pipe Jack w/Cover (can cut 4", 4.5”, 5", 5.5”, or 6" opening)
•Reinforced Corners, Ridges and Pole Locations
•Integrated Sod Cloth
•Eve Ropes and Tensioners
•Tent Bag
•Angle Bag
•Large Tent Stakes
•Instructions for purchasing and cutting conduit for your frame

Here is a video showing the tent features:

Tent Material
Our tents are made from a heavy duty 10 oz. polyester based canvas - the same material used for military tents around the world. We believe this is the best material for your wall tent for the following reasons:
•Long-lasting
◦will not rot like cotton canvas
◦will not mold
◦will not mildew
•Lightweight
◦ideal for packing into backcountry
◦easier to set up and move than cotton canvas tents
◦our 13x16 tent weighs less than 60 lbs
•Highly durable
◦high tear strength
•Water Resistant
◦will not absorb water like cotton
◦specially treated to be highly water resistant

**If you would like a free sample of the canvas I use in the tents, please email me a request including your contact information.

(Complete Frame Not Included)

Shipping
$55 flat rate shipping and no sales tax anywhere in the continental US.

I can also ship to Canada for a flat rate of $155 (USD). For Canadian customers, there are additional duties and taxes paid directly through Fedex, estimated at $190 (USD).

-Justin

Nemo

Re: New 13x16 Wall Tent w/ angle kit - $795
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:52 PM »
So are you here to join in the general discussions or sell tents?

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 07:23:08 AM »
Well, they are based in Idaho, so I'd say they are here to sell tents. Trying to get some free advertising no doubt. He says he is sharing the account with his brother in NC. I guess if they make some post other than about selling tents, they might be sorta halfway legit. I looked at the website and they don't look like they are selling on the side. Maybe I should change my name to Skeptic.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:28:18 AM by BennyMG1 »
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

elkmountaintents

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:22:54 AM »
So are you here to join in the general discussions or sell tents?

Nemo

Jordan speaking here (Charlotte, NC) :)

Elk Mountain Tents is actually a one-man company (Justin), even though the website may make it seem bigger. When I found the site, I figured that I would benefit by being a member and could share what I find and that he could post an ad here once. I didn't see any place for him to apply to be a sponsored vendor, but if there is a better place for the ad, let me know!

Also, we are serious about being prepared for the future. Justin and I both have our own food storage but are looking improve in other ways. I think the interest started when we were boy scouts. We both earned our Eagle. Our other brother did too (and has food storage) but he's not as in to prepping as we are.

Thanks!

Jordan

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »
There are no sponsorships - no advertising of any kind, really. We're a pretty low rent operation. We do have a vendor who's an active part of the community and a contributor, and of course members are free to advertise.

It's not terrific form to come in, do an intro post, and drop an ad, but the admins (who I answer to) decided to let it stay. It doesn't seem to be a bad value. Some of these tents go into the four figures - omitting the framework actually seems like a clever cost saving idea.

We hope to see you participating in the forums, though.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

elkmountaintents

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »
There are no sponsorships - no advertising of any kind, really. We're a pretty low rent operation. We do have a vendor who's an active part of the community and a contributor, and of course members are free to advertise.

It's not terrific form to come in, do an intro post, and drop an ad, but the admins (who I answer to) decided to let it stay. It doesn't seem to be a bad value. Some of these tents go into the four figures - omitting the framework actually seems like a clever cost saving idea.

We hope to see you participating in the forums, though.

Thank you! I hope I don't disappoint (further) :)

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
Well, I guess I will have keep an eye  :o on you a bit.  But seems like a reasonable general situation overall.  So only one eye for a bit.  Not a while, just a bit.  And so you know, wasn't disappointed.

Buy whichever, glad to have you and nice tent thing.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

florida44

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 04:42:26 AM »
nice tent and welcome to the forum. Good to have you here!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal