Author Topic: Survival in NC  (Read 9083 times)

Yearntobefree

Survival in NC
« on: September 25, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
Hi All, I'm particularly interested in starting a homestead/bugout location. It's a work in progress.

Country Singer

Re: Survival in NC
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:03:38 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Hopefully we can get some growth in participation from NC, I think we have one or two from there.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

bluewolv

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:48 PM »
Hi guys - new girl from NC here. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!  :)

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:00:20 AM »
Welcome, always glad to have neighbors from surrounding states. It takes awhile to build members in a region near you but this is a good place to start.
Ravenwood

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »
Welcome and welcome, glad to have you on the network. Let us know what we can help you with. Glad to have you on board.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

wiseguy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:22 PM »
Welcome to the group.  Lots of reading....boy no joke.  Its hard just keeping up with the new stuff each day, let along going through the archives.  :) 

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »
Greetings and Salutations Yearn and Blu.  Glad to have you.  You 2 together or just both happen along at the same time?

What part NC.  I am now in Central Va, about 100 miles N up 29.

Nemo
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:52:24 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Country Singer

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:58:14 PM »
You 2 together or just both happen along at the same time?

Nemo

I tipped them off to the forum on the new social media platform gab.ai.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Yearntobefree

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 01:56:38 AM »
I am looking to escape California in a big way but I don't want to just move to another over-populated sprawl. I am looking to develop some property, most likely with others, over what little time I have left before I have to go into survival mode. Hope it never happens, then can just retire to the country.

bluewolv

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Yep I'm from Gab - I follow Yearn & BertG over there. :)  @Nemo I'm from the Foothills area of NC, southeast of Asheville. A couple of years ago my family took a trip up to Fairy Stone St. Park in Stewart VA...it was pretty neat! :)

I am a paper prepper...have done some reading but have zero actual skills except making some kickass sweet tea. I probably won't last a week if something bad happens LOL I am very financially limited (you guys know the story about these little Southern towns that NAFTA destroyed). I guess I just need to figure out where to even start! Should I be stockpiling or learning to forage? LOL Any advice for dummies would be most appreciated! <3 K

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
There is a thread that was started awhile ago called Food Storage Weekly Challenge. You should find that helpful to start and do a little at a time, which is how we all start out.

http://seprepnet.com/forum/index.php/topic,400.msg2075.html#msg2075

stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

They clearly don't want me
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

wiseguy

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »

They clearly don't want me
Only 69,000 people in front of me.....  LOL

Country Singer

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
Current waiting list time for Gab is about one to two weeks.  In my case it was exactly two weeks.  Hang in there!

Lilburner

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »
I submitted mine on  August 28

didn't get an email or anything, but when I've typed the address in again since, it says it's taken.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal