Author Topic: 14 Tips For Staying Calm During A Disaster (#7 will surprise you!)  (Read 1880 times)

Lilburner

I modeled the title after those annoying clickbait lists, but it's not one of those/ Just a straightforward prepping piece.

#7 truly will surprise you, though. "Avoid Caffeine". It kind of makes sense in the long run, but it's going to suck getting there. Coffee is my one addiction and I suck at prepping it. I use so much and it's so expensive and I just never seem to have enough. It's tied for my least favorite things about the apocalypse, I think - firefights and running out of coffee. Well, pestilence, I guess. Never-ending darkness in the case of some forms of apocalypse. OK, there's a lot of things that would suck, but running out of coffee would be one.

http://urbansurvivalsite.com/tips-for-staying-calm-during-a-disaster/
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: 14 Tips For Staying Calm During A Disaster (#7 will surprise you!)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:08:35 PM »
Hmmmmm, I'm thinking I don't want to even deal with most of this crowd WITHOUT coffee - and that includes myself, lol!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Nemo

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »
Coffee?  No big deal for me.  Drink it rarely and even then not much.  Iced Tea (no sugar) is more my cup.  If there is none I think I would try many variations of dried leaves.  Should I find a box of tea bags, I would wrassle a small bear for them.  The size of box and time since I had a good glass would have an impact on the increasing size of bear who would be in danger.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SS-Preppers

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:08:45 PM »
Funny.........I actually though about this over a year ago and have since weaned myself off of caffeine.........the headaches sucked.......I used to be one of those people that drank coffee all day long......now I have 2 or 3 cups a week......I still prep some good old instant coffee for barter and also just for general purpose.  I am really thinking about trying to grow tea.......I know we can do it in out climate and I like tea..........

Wabbit

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
#1 should be "Keep Calm & Pray".

#7.....I'm with Starlady- Caffeine is an absolute must & plenty of it!
"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

jimLE

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »
even my mom,as well as myself dont wanna deal with me,if i dont get my caffeine fix..lol

12. Have a Routine..i agree with that,but yet,i believe it's best to change routine for outside.on account,to many people could be watching in a shtf situation.and all it takes,is one person to put a stop to that..
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal