Author Topic: Google or Facebook Reviews  (Read 7030 times)

TruPrep

Google or Facebook Reviews
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »
We are asking our customers and friends to leave detailed reviews of our store as we enter into 2017. If you or someone you know can leave a Facebook or Google review - it would be mean the world to us.

Thanks,
www.truprep.com/transfers - 1000 Cobb Parkway North STE B, Marietta GA

ChristianJ

Re: Google or Facebook Reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
We are asking our customers and friends to leave detailed reviews of our store as we enter into 2017. If you or someone you know can leave a Facebook or Google review - it would be mean the world to us.

Thanks,

Maybe in exchange for some swag. Your retail prices are above what can be gotten online and the only value add I can think of is the community room.
Christian pastor & theologian

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
Well that's a huge perk. The room, the meetups, the resources, the people (especially the people).

Many of their items are in line with or better than online - paracord, ammo cans, and food preservation; buckets and mylar come to mind. I know some of the gun parts and tools are the same or better. That's even before they have great sales.

A few things are a little more. Another site noted once that they had a Kershaw knife for like .30 more than Amazon - that's asinine. Any time you can support local business, that's worth a premium. Not to even mention the benefits of hand select, look and feel, expert advice, etc.

Some things are a little out of line to the seasoned prepper with resources like sites and meetups to know what's what and where to get it - some of these are just the economies of scale of running a brick and mortar. I certainly don't buy everything there. Just gloss over those and move along. Even those provide a service to the beginner or someone without the resources to obtain them somewhere else.

Just the fact that they exist at all and make a concerted effort to build a community are HUGE benefits to prepping in Metro Atlanta and North GA and beyond. We've specifically invited them to participate here as a vendor without any advertising revenue or compensation for that very reason (although they did give us some nifty door prizes for our August prepper show luncheon we really appreciate).

Did I mention the people? I've seen them consult on bags, repair firearms, get people started prepping, etc without even making a sale. The people alone are a priceless resource and the retail operation is what makes it possible.

I'm mostly limited by not knowing how to do a facebook review. It's almost worth learning just to help out.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »
Well that's a huge perk. The room, the meetups, the resources, the people (especially the people).

Many of their items are in line with or better than online - paracord, ammo cans, and food preservation; buckets and mylar come to mind. I know some of the gun parts and tools are the same or better. That's even before they have great sales.

A few things are a little more. Another site noted once that they had a Kershaw knife for like .30 more than Amazon - that's asinine. Any time you can support local business, that's worth a premium. Not to even mention the benefits of hand select, look and feel, expert advice, etc.

Some things are a little out of line to the seasoned prepper with resources like sites and meetups to know what's what and where to get it - some of these are just the economies of scale of running a brick and mortar. I certainly don't buy everything there. Just gloss over those and move along. Even those provide a service to the beginner or someone without the resources to obtain them somewhere else.

Just the fact that they exist at all and make a concerted effort to build a community are HUGE benefits to prepping in Metro Atlanta and North GA and beyond. We've specifically invited them to participate here as a vendor without any advertising revenue or compensation for that very reason (although they did give us some nifty door prizes for our August prepper show luncheon we really appreciate).

Did I mention the people? I've seen them consult on bags, repair firearms, get people started prepping, etc without even making a sale. The people alone are a priceless resource and the retail operation is what makes it possible.

I'm mostly limited by not knowing how to do a facebook review. It's almost worth learning just to help out.

Seems like you have a pretty positive experience. That's awesome. I am always happy to support a brick and mortar business when it makes sense. My experience hasn't been the same in regards to the financial aspect making sense, so I can't review the business honestly with anything more than a neutral review. Not trying to be rude at all. When you ask for reviews you're opening yourself up to honest feedback, and I haven't had a WOW experience that would help their business.

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
I just don't feel like "not as cheap as online" is a fair overall assessment for a specialty business, the only one of its kind, and one that adds expertise and grows the community.

I think it's like that with any specialty shop that covers to a very specific clientele. I feel the same way about HRO to a lesser extent, and they're generally even less competitive in their field. I'm awfully glad they're there, though. I would never ding them for not matching online pricing when I just want to go down there and grab something and have it in my hand right then and there, possibly along with some advice or direction.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
I just don't feel like "not as cheap as online" is a fair overall assessment for a specialty business, the only one of its kind, and one that adds expertise and grows the community.
I'm going to meditate on this. Thank you for the perspective.

Carrot

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 12:25:28 AM »
Some of the items in their store are great finds when you factor in shipping and waiting for online goods. Plus it's the only physical place I've found ClearJel and reusable canning lids in the Atlanta metro area. Their jar prices are just as good as a grocery store and sometimes better when there is a sell. Their paracord prices are good and I found my EDC bag there for a great price and I absolutely love it. I call it a purse and I get away with carrying my tactical bag everywhere.

SS-Preppers

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
I find the prices good, but not great........however, I have gotten some sale items at fantastic prices (5.11 Tactical Pro Pants and stripped lowers, just to name a few).........however, I will pay the same or sometimes a little more to support local, have the instance gratification of not having to wait on shipping, and most of all the interaction with the people in the shop (staff and customers).  Every time I go there I seem to meet a couple really nice customers and the staff is always super nice and helpful (not just Wes......who is the man).

I don't really often expect the same pricing at a brick and mortar store unless it's a mega retailer like Wallyworld etc.  If I really wanted something cheap I can go to ebay or dhgate and wait for a month or more on the slow boat from China......but, I really like the folks at TP and the customers and all the classes and meetings that are offered (and I really need to take advantage of them more in the future).

Thanks just my opinion and everyone has the right to feel differently..........

TruPrep

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:49:26 AM »
First, I will say thank you because we do expect and appreciate honest reviews.

That being said, I "Wes", ran TruPreps competition, "The Preppers Vault" for years from 2012-2016 to be exact and when we merged this year into one store, I was allowed to make several changes - number one being that the Owners and I agreed that we needed to meet current market expectations on product. That does not mean we will beat any online price, as we are a brick and mortar store and have multiple employees. What we did was for the most part match or beat in "Most" cases amazon....which almost no retail box store could or will do.

I am blown away that you think our prices are not at minimum better then almost all our competition. I would like specifics to the price issue (non-firearm) related that we are not on. My email is wes@truprep.com and I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks for all your guys support.

elandil

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 02:25:41 PM »
I'll go review, but i'd like to say a few things first.

I much preffered TPV over TruPrep, and not only because TPV was 5 minutes from work. You seemed to not only have a friendlier staff, but you were more of a true prepping store.

To me, TPV was more about prepping and the individual, where TruPrep was more of a homesteading/MAG supply store.

When the changeover happened, I saw a lot of the individual stuff that made TPV great go the way of the clearance shelf. TruPrep may have got the staff, but a lot of what made TPV  great went away, and I miss it. So, no, I have not been back to TruPrep as much as I visited TPV. The stuff I went for is no longer there, so I don't have a reason. Once I get to more of a Homesteading and not prepping situation, i'll probably be in more, but until then.... :-\

Jon
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

TruPrep

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
Well I did the ordering at the TPV and I do not think we lost anything in the crossover, if anything we only added. Can you elaborate on some examples so I can take a look at remedying the issue?

Not having items you want or are looking for is the whole point to a brick and mortar, so I am all ears.

Thanks,

Wes

RevJammer

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 11:31:34 AM »
Well I did the ordering at the TPV and I do not think we lost anything in the crossover, if anything we only added. Can you elaborate on some examples so I can take a look at remedying the issue?

Not having items you want or are looking for is the whole point to a brick and mortar, so I am all ears.

Thanks,

Wes

I live too far away to be a regular customer (if a customer at all) and I despise the idea of traveling to, in, around, and through Atlanta.  However, I do appreciate the fact that you are connecting with your customer base (at least here) and are usually asking for input and ways to improve what you are doing.

I think that goes a long way towards your success...  if I ever do find myself in the area (like if I was kidnapped or something) I would stop and shop in your place.

RJ

ChristianJ

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
However, I do appreciate the fact that you are connecting with your customer base (at least here)
Promoting sales and classes at their business is hardly connecting.

30-something posts and very little of use here other than "come to our store". Part of the reason for my disdain at asking for something when you have provided little or no value (at least here). Not the purpose of being on a community forum IMO.

Not trying to flame, just my honest opinion.

RevJammer

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 06:12:16 PM »
Ok... I'm normally, a pretty much keep to myself type...  but it's been a long week...   I simply posted my opinion and you felt it necessary to refute my opinion with your own.  That's ok.. this is America... it's part of what makes America great...  but it's also what makes the internet and forums a pain in the neck.

So allow me to bloviate for a moment. 

First of all, TruPrep started this thread by asking something of their "customers and friends".  It would seem by your responses you are neither.  Therefore they did not ask you for anything.  I would say that there are several folks on this site that are their customers and/or friends. 

Secondly, while TruPrep, may have "provided little or no value" to you (in your opinion); they have provided value to several others, including myself.  Their posts of what is available and at what price they are available is information that helps me in my decisions to spend my limited but hard earned financial resources, even if I don't spend it with them.

Thirdly, they were invited here to post their sales and other information because they operate a retail store that carries a lot of merchandise that is appropriate for most of us who are part of this forum.  So when they choose to post those things they were invited to post, why would anyone find fault with that?

Fourthly, I will probably never step foot inside their store and since I don't generally buy any of my "prepping" supplies online, I probably will never order anything from them.  However, they have invested their time, money, and work into a business that hopefully will help others and even more hopefully will make them  a lot of money.  That's also part of what makes America great!

Remember, while your opinion (just like mine) is valued and appreciated, it is valued and appreciated by you more than anyone else.  I will not be posting a review for their store...  seeing as how I have nothing to review.  If you have done business with them and felt you have been shorted or cheated or even just didn't receive value for value...  I would encourage you to post a review.  For those who have done business with them and it has been a good experience, I encourage them to post a review.

Now, if you have managed to stay with this post for this long, you are probably thinking that "that RevJammer is a horses behind...".  Fair enough...  there are a fair amount of people who would agree with you.  In reality, I am mostly a quiet, unassuming person who tries to do the best I can to please the Lord and help others. 

I, also, am not trying to "flame" anyone, but I believe the direct, honest route is usually the best option.  I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into your efforts of self-sustainability and look forward to learning from you as I have most everyone else that has participated on this forum for the past 5 years or so.  Keep your head up and keep working hard... strive to stay positive and helpful!

RJ

Lilburner

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 06:16:45 PM »

Promoting sales and classes at their business is hardly connecting.

30-something posts and very little of use here other than "come to our store". Part of the reason for my disdain at asking for something when you have provided little or no value (at least here). Not the purpose of being on a community forum IMO.

Not trying to flame, just my honest opinion.

For one, Truprep's role on the forum is clearly defined. Since we don't have advertising, it was posted for everyone to see so there was no question about it. You can find it at http://seprepnet.com/forum/index.php/topic,871.msg5081.html#msg5081

On two separate occasions this year, they've hosted us to solicit for members at their store during events, and we keep cards there for all to see. More than one of our members has joined because of this presence and these events. Additionally they've provided free product to use as door prizes at our Prepper Show Luncheon.

The classes  are an invaluable resource, and the socials are amazing for ideas and networking - basically the equivalent of a face to face version of a forum like this. I know more than a couple of us HEART the sales - they're awesome sales.

When this last message was written I was AT TruPrep.  I went in to pick up a free transfer. While I was there, I brought in a used crossbow I bought yesterday to see if anyone knew anything about it. Wes recognized the brand on sight, evaluated the state of the string, told me where to take it to have it serviced, and what parts to watch out for and have evaluated - all having zero to do with their business - just prepper to prepper resource - what it's all about - to me at least. I bought three items. One cheaper than Amazon, one the same, and one a penny more than Academy. Most of which I'd have spent on the transfer alone if I'd paid for it.

Ultimately, yes, they have a commercial interest. Of course they do, but it's also a symbiotic relationship with the community and it's great to see and participate in us all growing together.

While I'm definitely a fan, I'm not trying to squelch criticism. I just feel this particular criticism is unfounded. I'm curious about elandil's comments. I never went to TPV, so I don't know what's missing. I've HEARD it was mostly clothes. If you didn't know, the Army Navy Discount Center more or less behind TruPrep is the Tru Spec Outlet store (and maybe some other brands?). If I'm in the market for clothes I like to hit both places on a twofer. If I'm in a real shopping mood, I throw in Hodge down the street, a good old fashioned Army Navy Store - huge and dark and dankly aromatic. If you visit, sign the list and they mail you a 20% coupon every month.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:19:38 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal