Author Topic: Peppers and lab equipment  (Read 3752 times)

crplhood

Peppers and lab equipment
« on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »
Want to accurately make your own saline solution, aspirin, or moonshine? Okay, there's not enough here to make firewater, but there is for the saline and aspirin!

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/chemistry-equipment-kit
 I'm not going to teach you how to make the aspirin, but it's easy. For a prepper, there are tons of uses for chemistry set. Most notably, testing your water and soil. Furthermore, a small stock of hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid go a long way and have many uses. Please, be careful with corrosive and volatile chemicals.

Nemo

Re: Peppers and lab equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »
If I got something like that I just end up blowing myself up.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Gunner

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »
I didn't do THAT good in chemistry.... I think that would put with me in there with Nemo !!!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
Sounds like basic and advanced chemistry textbooks would be a good addition to home library. :)
Ravenwood

Nemo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
Hey, I just thought about it but knowing a bit about chemistry is a good way to help someone make gasoline jelly.  Not good with peanut butter.  Some call that napalm but that is not something you want to make.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

crplhood

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
For full breadth college textbooks, go
Check Goodwill. A 300 buck textbook is about two dollars.

tlwagg

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »
If your library has a Friends of Library group that sells books you can check there. I find text books in our library from time to time.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal