Author Topic: Region 3 Check-In  (Read 2098 times)

tlwagg

Region 3 Check-In
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:08:48 AM »
I know it's been a while since we did this, but check-in and lets us know your OK. Here in North Fulton we had rain, sleet, snow, and ice. Most of the snow was packed down by a layer ice. We've had no power outages in our area but with the high winds it could still happen.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

ChristianJ

Re: Region 3 Check-In
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 11:02:03 AM »
All good here. Had more snow/ice than I thought. Me and the doggy are bugged in!
Christian pastor & theologian

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »
Just dusting here.

The high point so far has been taking the opportunity to check preps. Learned I had a dead generator. One is none!

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Carrot

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
Things are a little icy but nice in western Dekalb. The sidewalks are clear though someone might have taken a late night stroll and dropped salt on the sidewalks in beneficial sections of my apartment complex.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 04:38:43 PM »
I am fine here in Spalding Co, just some frozen rain which has pretty much melted as of this afternoon. Still bitterly cold however. :)
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
How are your girls? Did they get out today?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Farside

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 08:12:21 AM »
Alive and well! Mostly.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
The 'girls' are doing ok, no frostbite. They are staying in the coop till the blessed sun creeps into their run, then they venture out. I made myself not turn on the 250 watt heat lamp in the coop for fear of fires, but am leaving on a 60 watt yellow bug light hoping it gives off a little heat and it is hard wired to the ceiling which should be safe.
Thanks for asking, I do love my girls. :)
Ravenwood
P.S. I have been dealing with no heat on the new wing of the house since Saturday morning! It has been a dreadful weekend. Mother was too afraid to use the emergency propane Buddy heater in her room. Her bedroom has been at 54 degrees! They heat repair man came this am and they are having to order replacement draft motor. I am so ready for spring and 12 more weeks to go.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:50:55 AM by Ravenwood1950 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal