Author Topic: Review: Walmart $1 headlamps  (Read 2527 times)

Lilburner

Review: Walmart $1 headlamps
« on: January 22, 2017, 10:31:14 PM »
Saw these at WalMart the other night individually for $1 each. Went to look them up on line and saw just a ten pack. I bought ten loose ones and I might buy 10 more - or 20, 30 more. They may or may not have loose ones in your store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Generic-8219-Ozark-Trail-10-Pack-3-LED-Headlamp/49332881

First things first, they're not "GOOD" headlamps. Whatever other ones you have I'm sure are better. The point is quantity and availability. What they are better than is "not having a head lamp". I'm shoving them into every nook and cranny I can think of - door pockets, kitchen drawer, bedside stand, pencil caddy - wherever I can imagine.

You can walk by the light, perform basic tasks, and read in absolute darkness. I wouldn't use it for a bedtime novel, but you could certainly make out some first aid instructions.

Plus, even by Dollar Tree prices, you get .50 worth of CR2032 batteries, of which there's about an 85% chance that's what's powering your AR optic. Also, an impromptu tourniquet.

If nothing else, if you always have one within fumbling distance, it will get you to your good one.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

Re: Review: Walmart $1 headlamps
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
Awesome thanks
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Nemo

Re: Review: Walmart $1 headlamps
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
After that assessment and evaluation methinks I must get a few.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal