Author Topic: Deals: Selling some stuff I've acquired  (Read 2706 times)

ChristianJ

Deals: Selling some stuff I've acquired
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:59:12 AM »
Selling some stuff I've picked up over the last year to fund some projects. Great deals! Some of interest to Preppers. All prices negotiable.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/gms/6031859725.html
Christian pastor & theologian

Lilburner

Re: Deals: Selling some stuff I've acquired
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »
I'm not in the market right now, but I'm curious.

Did your catfish in the pool plan change? Was there a major "gotcha"?

I have a smaller pool of different construction in my thrift store finds - you inflate a top ting and the water gives it the shape. trying to think of something to use it for, or, as importantly, not use it for.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:08:36 PM »
I'm not in the market right now, but I'm curious.

Did your catfish in the pool plan change? Was there a major "gotcha"?

I have a smaller pool of different construction in my thrift store finds - you inflate a top ting and the water gives it the shape. trying to think of something to use it for, or, as importantly, not use it for.

Haha, plans haven't changed. I purchased an above ground pool last year to set up for leisure; it turns out stupid Cobb County treats above ground and in-ground pools the same, so I needed a permit. No problem, except for above ground pools whose walls are less than 48 inches, a barrier (fence) is needed around the pool. So I bought the second pool, which is 48 inches high, allowing it's own walls to act as the barrier. I didn't end up installing it, and plans have changed, so now I have two new pools in boxes. LOL.

Still plan on putting the fish in. I am using several of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQD5Y16/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That pool you mentioned, where you inflate the top ring, is garbage by the way. I had one for about 2 weeks before it became beyond useless. If I were you, I might use it for rainwater cachement, using it as a reservoir to water a garden, or keep it for the end of the world to store emergency water (like one of those bladders you use in the bathtub). It really sucks that much.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »
Just that I'm not understanding, but in what way would it suck so badly, but be suitable for what I consider potential life and death situations?

I have, for lack of a better word, "plateaus". BOL house is way up at the top - little drop, flat land, little drop, flat land, etc - about four times before it hits the pond. Also I have a metal roof, so I can do a lot with catchment, levels, distribution, etc. Just weighing all my options.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:26:35 PM »
Just that I'm not understanding, but in what way would it suck so badly, but be suitable for what I consider potential life and death situations?

I have, for lack of a better word, "plateaus". BOL house is way up at the top - little drop, flat land, little drop, flat land, etc - about four times before it hits the pond. Also I have a metal roof, so I can do a lot with catchment, levels, distribution, etc. Just weighing all my options.

I mean, you said you got it from a thrift store, so I'm assuming you can't return it. In that case, I would probably just stuff it in a corner, and if the world ends, blow it up and put it outside to catch whatever water you can. People will be putting out trash cans, trash bags, anything with a surface to catch water, so it can't hurt. But I would certainly not rely on it for anything.

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:30:05 PM »
Yeah I'm not too worried about returning it. Thrifting is part of my job so I work all the deals and sales and such - probably gave something like $4 for it.

I just wasn't clear if the problem is that it doesn't hold water or if it's easily punctured or something. I assume catfish are kind of "puncture-y" now that I think about it.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:38:27 AM »
Yeah I'm not too worried about returning it. Thrifting is part of my job so I work all the deals and sales and such - probably gave something like $4 for it.

I just wasn't clear if the problem is that it doesn't hold water or if it's easily punctured or something. I assume catfish are kind of "puncture-y" now that I think about it.

They tend to bead water on the outside and leak easily. It's just not a very good system. I doubt I'd ever buy one again, can't think of a good reason.

ChristianJ

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
Some stuff gone, here is the updated list of what remains. Prices have also been reduced.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/for/6052408412.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal