Author Topic: Commerce Outlets: Ryobi, Coleman, Lodge...  (Read 2142 times)

Lilburner

Commerce Outlets: Ryobi, Coleman, Lodge...
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
I wanted to go to the County Extension Office today, so I made the NEGA to Metro run super early. I usually ignore the Commerce outlets on Exit 149 - mostly clothes I can't or wouldn't wear. But I thought I'd drive through and see if there was anything interesting.

Tools! Discount Tool Center I think is the name of it. They seem to be mostly a factory outlet for Ryobi and Rigid with some other stuff thrown in. I wound up getting a top of the line drill, two next to the top of the line batteries, charger, and the fan I've always wanted since one of our members showed me hers for $100.56. They had all kinds of stuff - hand tools, yard tools, generators, garage door openers (which I may be in the market for. I'm pretty sure mine are original to the 1974 house).

Neat place if you're in the market for tools. I plan on making it a regular stop. I asked the guy if there were any other "cool" places. He directed me to the "Old" Tanger Outlet - cattycornered across 85. Over there is a Coleman and a Lodge Outlet.

The Coleman outlet is huge. the current sale is all coolers and water jugs 30% off. And boy it was the most coolers I've ever seen. I got a tripod grill like we use at the campouts sometimes for $14. He said to check out their regular tent sales (I didn't get that til after I left) for things up to 50% off.

I didn't go in the Lodge outlet, but put a pin in it for another day.

So if you're passing through - definitely some stores of prepper interest. I view outlets with some suspicion - a lot of them are kind of ripoffs, but looks like some decent deals here and there at the two places I went.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:11:43 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Carrot

Re: Commerce Outlets: Ryobi, Coleman, Lodge...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
That lodge outlet sounds nice, I might have to put it in my April shopping budget.

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
fyi, they have great deals on open box/returned gennies from time to time.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:10:09 PM »
I stopped at the Coleman store to get a cooler I've been coveting since the last time.

Went in the Lodge store and came out with a three skillet kit - 8, 10, and 12" for $30. Not sure how good a deal that is. I know you can get regular, unseasoned no name cast iron for less, but it seemed pretty good for Lodge Pre-seasoned. They were "seconds". I found a tiny little ding on the 12", but nothing on the 8 or 10, and it wasn't a ding in the seasoning, so it shouldn't affect it whatsoever.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »
They say pre-seasoned.  But be smart and redo it yourself. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal