Author Topic: If you're fat and ever wanted a picnic table. $100 @ Ollie's  (Read 3468 times)

Lilburner

If you're fat and ever wanted a picnic table. $100 @ Ollie's
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
I've always wanted one, but I have kind of a love/hate relation with them. I mostly sit on them backwards, or if I'm actually eating off one, straddle the bench, because they're never roomy enough. I figured if I ever got one. it would be the kind with separate benches, but those never came up as a value.

I was in Ollie's today and saw a 6' folding plastic picnic table for $100. I didn't think too much of it at first, but the benches looked like they were WAY out there. I test sat it and it was super roomy to sit on. Not even to sit up straight, but I could bend over to shoot (or mimic shooting, in the case of a public store). So I grabbed one for double or triple duty - backyard dining, range bench, and maybe camping.

Thought I'd pass it along in case there were anyone else who'd always wanted a picnic table, but needed a roomy one.

I can take pic probably tomorrow if there's any interest. Couldn't find one online.

It just struck me it would be great for processing meat, too - wash it off with bleach.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:13:14 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
Re: If you're fat and ever wanted a picnic table. $100 @ Ollie's
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:09:49 AM »
Like to see what you got...
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Lilburner

Re: If you're fat and ever wanted a picnic table. $100 @ Ollie's
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »
I'm a little miffed and having to rethink my plans for it, but ultimately going to keep it - well technically get a new one and keep that. I'm half disappointed, but happy to have a picnic table that fits me so well.

Tell me - if you get a "Folding Table", you expect it to do two things, right? 1) Be a table, and 2) Fold. It doesn't fold! It would be so awesome if it did - just throw it on the truck or in the camper. Taking it camping is pretty much out. APPARENTLY the "folding" is a reference to what the individual pieces do when not fully assembled. Oh well - it's nice for the yard. I might incorporate it in to shooting.

ALSO... If you sell a giant man a table and tell him it's a folding table, it BETTER BE A FOLDING TABLE. So yeah - it's broken. I'll take it back, get another one, and not try to fold it.

Here it is made up in some afternoon shade on the side of the house in it's pre-broken form.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal