Author Topic: Bad feeds on the front page.  (Read 2533 times)

Lilburner

Bad feeds on the front page.
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
Two of the feeds are bad.

Not sure why or if it's permanent. Trying to access one results in an error. the other is working in my feedreader. Not sure why it's not working here.

Anyone have any suggestions for new feeds?

I'll leave these for the time being in case they resolve themselves. I think they have before.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Carrot

Re: Bad feeds on the front page.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 02:08:42 AM »
Since I joined this forum, I haven't seen the prepperfeed.com feed work properly. It went months without updating the content and eventually went down completely. I recently visited prepperfeed.com and it's not working at all.

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »
I just sat for about a half hour and searched for feeds.

All of the ones referenced are either absent or broken.

I think RSS may be dying in general. POSSIBLY because people were more or less stealing the content (?). I'm not sure. I always thought it was a useful tool on the internet.

I'll try again at some point. If I fail again, I'll just start removing the ones as they die.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
Finally found a new feed!

I've removed the two broken ones and replaced them with http://www.edthatmatters.com/

Keep your eyes out for feeds of interest and let me know if you see any.

ETA: I'm on a roll! I actually found two! the second one is https://survivallife.com/

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:21:51 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

Carrot

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
I'm a fan of Ed That Matters, he's good at pulling together useful articles.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal