Author Topic: Random Hints from "Alone", Post-apocalyptic Fiction, movies or what ever.  (Read 2978 times)

Wabbit

I don't like the new format of "Alone" but watch it for the helpful hints.

Last night I learned that MOSS is great in the wild for
1)  T-paper as it is both moist and absorbent and
2)   putting on wounds - has antiseptic and soothing qualities (and helps absorb blood) This was used in WWII in the battlefields.
"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

Nemo

Sphagnum.  I had no idea on this.

Nemo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphagnum

Sphagnum moss has also been used for centuries as a dressing for wounds, including through World War I.[3][24]

[3]  Bold, H.C. 1967. Morphology of Plants. second ed. Harper and Row, New York. p. 225-229.

[24]  "Facts about Peat Moss (Sphagnum) - Encyclopedia of Life". Eol.org. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

I don't like the new format of "Alone" but watch it for the helpful hints.

Last night I learned that MOSS is great in the wild for
1)  T-paper as it is both moist and absorbent and
2)   putting on wounds - has antiseptic and soothing qualities (and helps absorb blood) This was used in WWII in the battlefields.

Probably want to choose either/or. I'm assuming the effectiveness as a wound dressing would be diminished somewhat after use for cleaning one's rear.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ATWhite

Also, you can squeeze it and drink the water from it in a pinch, the moss naturally filters it,and holds water pretty well. The greener it is the more water.
All Knowledge Is Worth Having

Nemo

Just make mighty dayum sure you get the order of usage correct.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal