Author Topic: Region 4 Check in  (Read 5626 times)

Abigayle

Re: Region 4 Check in
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2022, 09:35:49 AM »
Great Grasshopper, see you then.
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:15 AM »
Reporting back on Region 4 Meetup
Let me start with the quote of "The Best Laid Plans Of Mice and Men".  The few times Thor and I have eaten at Hunter's the place was quiet.  I called ahead and was told that Tues was the best night to grab a large quiet table.  Then the music started...
It was not quiet.  Even though we did have an out of the way table and the waitress stayed away, unless we waved her over (my request).  We had a difficult time hearing, without speaking a little more loudly than we would have liked.  A party of twenty was put in a somewhat private room next to us.   I have a much better place in mind for next time.
On the bright side, while our group was small (a total of 5), it was a well informed group.  I for one, enjoyed the company and sharing.  We scratched the surface on some subjects we plan to tackle.  New groups take time to establish trust.  Thor and I are looking forward to Region 4 evolving into that type of relationship.
Region 6, you put us to shame with your preparations for your first meeting and are holding us to a high standard.  Bounty Hunter shared you handout with me last night.

bountyhunter

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2022, 10:47:23 AM »
I think the meeting was success for the most part. Ideas and general conversation flowed well. Agree with Abigayle about the "sounds" of the restaurant a little loud but still able to communicate.
Looking forward to the next one for sure.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal