Author Topic: 22 Absolutely Essential Diagrams  (Read 3405 times)

Nemo

22 Absolutely Essential Diagrams
« on: August 16, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
I think I shared this over at the other place but its nice to have around I have found.  Even if just for the S'mores!!

Nemo

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/absolutely-essential-diagrams-you-need-for-camping

22 Absolutely Essential Diagrams You Need For Camping

From survival to s’mores, here’s everything you need to know to ensure a flawless camping trip.
posted on Jun. 17, 2013, at 1:27 p.m.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

tlwagg

Re: 22 Absolutely Essential Diagrams
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »
That was a great post for new campers.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
Shoot - I learned quite a bit!

I also learned I didn't react in the subscribed manner when I came face to face with a bear. Fortunately the bear hadn't seen that infographic either and did not act on my ignorance.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:38 AM »
Hey, S'MORES!!

Thats the best thing to say about it.

Nemo   8)
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

jimLE

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
only thing there,that i don't agree with.is the deep woods off..it didn't work for the last few times i used it..so i started using the deep woods cutter.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

upacreek

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »
I thought that if faced with a bear we were supposed to not make eye contact and back slowly away.  For all animals, look bigger than you are by waving arms.  Also the Deep Woods Dry spray works great for me and doesn't make my skin crawl.  I hate going to sleep with the regular stuff on, it feels sticky and reeks. 

Hanging food would be a good addition to this list for new campers.  I hiked in the Sierra Nevada Mountains when a park ranger told us we didn't have to hang our food.  I'm glad we didn't listen.  I woke up to a bear print right by my head.  Apparently, the same ranger said the same thing to another hiker the week before.  He decided to put his food under his head for safe keeping.  A bear scalped him and he had to be air lifted out.  The ranger seems like a bit of a psycho.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal