Author Topic: Issues with Georgia Department of Natural Resources  (Read 2161 times)

SS-Preppers

Issues with Georgia Department of Natural Resources
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
I don't know what their problem is..........I called them up today and asked where I could get my Tiger License and when the season opens and closes.  Obviously, there was an oversight and they do not have it listed on their website.  They couldn't even tell me what the bag limit is.......honestly, those people have no sense of humor.  I really wanted to be the first to get one this year, but it looks like someone already beat me to it.......now I'll never get my picture in GON or on the news.........

I may have to call them back and ask about Panther season........I have a baby one that cuts through the back of my property all the time......solid black with green eyes.....he's only about 5-6 lbs. right now, but I am sure in a season or two he'll be up to about 100 lbs or better......I can't wait......maybe I'll see his momma or daddy.....they have to be close by I am sure.  Does anyone know if you can hunt big cats over bait in Georgia?  I may have to get a few chickens and tie a string around their legs.......I bet that would draw them in real fast......just trying to plan ahead.

Nemo

Re: Issues with Georgia Department of Natural Resources
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »
What in the world are you talking about?  Surely you jest, but does their website report tigers are feral animals or ?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SS-Preppers

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/henry-county/police-investigating-reports-of-tiger-on-i-75/603877558

It's been all over the news in Georgia.............see - if you would have stayed around you could go big cat hunting in the Peach State.

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
I saw that later.  Is an `06 a big enough rifle?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

aces

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
Per a WSB Radio personality, the DNR would not believe him or take his report of a similar large cat at his home around Macon.  They are not supposed to be this far north :)

Guys must not leave their offices much.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »
Per a WSB Radio personality, the DNR would not believe him or take his report of a similar large cat at his home around Macon.  They are not supposed to be this far north :)

Guys must not leave their offices much.
They must have moved up from here.  I have had them 25 years.  55 mi South of Macon.

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:50 PM »
Have a distant neighbor who is not prone to exaggeration who saw a panther up near Cedartown 4 years ago.  AND a mountain lion that walks her property periodically.

Used to see panthers in north FL all the time.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SS-Preppers

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »
They're on Fort Benning....I have seen several pics.  I also saw a video of a panther outside of Greenville SC.....I was on the property were it was filmed and the camera was very high quality.....it was really big and really black....it walked a fence line for several minutes until it jumped over and went into the woods....so, we had a great point of reference to estimate its size.....amazing.

bountyhunter

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »
Down here in Talbot County where I spend a lot of time we have Panthers, Bobcats, small Black bears, hogs all over the place. Not to mention the other sundry of critters coons, opossums, foxes and especially Coyotes and coy-dogs. I have seen the panthers and coyotes on both properties I deal with on a regular basis.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

BennyMG1

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 08:38:25 AM »
Years ago, DNR asked people to report any panther sightings in Macon County.  (Not Macon GA.). Well, I saw one and when I called, they told me I was mistaken, there were no Panthers in Macon county. I've seen one and heard several since, but I'll never call them again.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal