Author Topic: 2018 1Q Posting and membership contest raffle  (Read 10355 times)

Lilburner

2018 1Q Posting and membership contest raffle
« on: December 13, 2017, 01:06:45 PM »
    Announcing SEPREPNET 2018 1st Quarter Posting and Membership contest!

It's a non-monetary raffle. The person who posts the most doesn't automatically win, but the more you post (along with some other opportunities), the better CHANCE you have of winning. Every post becomes an "entry" in your name. Like a raffle ticket. Bonus "entries" can be earned by inviting people, joining, promoting the forum, hosting/attending meetings, and adding calendar events.

Prizes

Grand Prize: IAC HAWK 981 PUMP 12 GAUGE 26" BARREL

Action: Pump - Forged Steel Receiver with Dual Slide Bars • Finish: Black • Barrel Length: 26" Vent Rib with 3" Chamber and Modified Choke • Sights: Brass Bead • Stock: Synthetic Polymer • MSRP: $309.99

Includes Modified Choke Tube. Accepts Invector Choke Tubes (Browning, Winchester, Mossberg)

"Virtually identical" to Remington 870 - all parts interchangeable

Second Prize: Emergency Communication Starter kit

(Stock Pic for the moment - actual picture forthcoming)

2X BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio
    1 200/400 Watt inverter with cable clamps and cigarette adapter
    Carry case
    Power strip (to power both radios from inverter)
    Your choice of radio programming suitable to your locale and needs (or not programmed if you prefer)

Third Prize: $25 Amazon gift card

Details/Rules

How do I enter?
    • 1 Entry: Every post you make is an entry

How do I earn bonus entries?
    • 5 Entries: Add a calendar event (open to public or SEPN members)
    • 5 Entries: Post an invitation to the site or announce a site happening or outing on social media or an appropriate internet forum (technically 4 entries for the invitation, and one when you link it back here in a reply to this post)
    • 5 Entries: Attend an SEPN meeting or event
    • 10 Entries: Each New Member Introduction post
    • 10 Entries: Each time a new member identifies you as a referrer in their New Member Introduction post
    • 25 Entries: Planning, hosting, or sponsoring a meeting or other event open to the public or to SEPN members (technically 20 for the event, and 5 for adding it to the calendar). Credit is given either if the meeting is announced OR held during the timeframe (ie. a January meeting announced in December, or a May meeting announced in March)
    • 25 Entries: Host a class, training session, breakout session or other event (nature walk, shooting contest, etc) at the SEPN spring campout. You'll have to commit by the end of March to get scheduled, and then the entries will be awarded at the campout before the drawing. Subject to time available and admin/moderator approval

When does it run?

Entries are counted and calculated from 00:00:00 January 1, 2018 to 23:59:59 March 31, 2018.

When is the drawing?

The drawing will be held at the SEPN Spring campout, currently scheduled for April 27-29 at Charlie Elliot WMA.

You need not be present to win first or second prizes. You can arrange pick up at a later date. The gift card is delivered electronically.[/list]
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:33:28 PM by Lilburner »
    A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:19:02 PM »
    All the Fine Print - Rules, regulations, and such

Post Quality: Not every post has to be an opus, but, "first" and "ditto" type posts won't count. The nature of conversation is that occasionally it's appropriate to have some "me too" type posts happen organically, and that's fine. I don't think we'll have any issues. Final say with be by the admins and moderators (myself excluded)

Social Media/Forum Posts: Limited to one per site per person (i.e. don't put 100 entries on your Facebook page).

Prize Eligibility: You can only win one prize. If you win first or second prize, you can't win any of the others in addition.

Firearm transfer: In most cases, transfer of the firearm to the winner will be a private transfer. The grand prize firearm is the personal property of the webmaster of this site, a Georgia resident. To take possession, you'll need to fit one of the following requirements.
    • I know you personally, having met you more than a couple times, and have no reason to believe you are a prohibited person
    • Show a valid Georgia Weapons License
    • Show me your own semi-automatic pistol or rifle you already have at time of transfer, along with a Georgia photo ID
    • If you are not a GA resident, or can't arrange pickup, the gun will be sent to the FFL dealer of your choice at no charge. You are responsible for transfer fees, if any.
       The FFL must specifically accept transfers from private individuals.
    • If you are under 18, a prohibited person, don't fit any of the above requirements, or simply don't want the gun, you can have it transferred to a qualified person of your choosing (i.e. parent/guardian) or have it auctioned off at the SEPN Fall Campout and receive the proceeds via cash (if present) or your choice of gift card. (if mailed)

Binding of terms/rules: Minor rules and terms changes may be expected before the start date ("tweaking"). No changes are expected after the start date. In the event of a "glaring loophole" or significant disruption, any good faith changes will be made via admin/'moderator conference. Basically, the intent is to stick with the spirit of the rules. And  I know I'm preaching to the choir, so no offense to anyone.

12/24-12/31, 2017: Input welcome - anything missed or overlooked?
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:08:43 PM by Lilburner »
    A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
    Track your bonus points in this post!

If you don't see them here - you don't have them. I'll update sporadically.

If you see me post an update and you don't see bonus points you should have received since the last update, say something in the replies.

Unfortunately, there's no way to keep a master running toteboard of posting. they'll be counted at the end. You can track your own post count by noting your original count at the start of the contest and again at the end.

Bonus Entries

01/04/2018
    9mmMike - 25

01/05/2018
    Wabbit - 25

01/07/2018
    Nana_N - 10
    joboomartin - 10

01/08/2018
    joboomartin - 5

01/10/2018
    elandil - 5

01/11/2018
    Lawless - 10
    Country Singer - 10

01/15/2018
    John Galt 1 - 10

01/27/2018
    nj_m715 - 5
    Trillium - 5
    jparrish23 - 5
    MommaA - 5
    Nana_N - 5
    joboomartin - 5

02/01/2018
    Rwtrapper - 10
    RWS -5

02/03/2018
    ALurker - 5
    Tlwagg - 5
    engineer3d - 5
    ProGeek - 5
    Farside - 5

02/14/2018
    Inkslinger - 10

02/06/2018
    8greenbeans - 25
    lets_prep - 5

02/07/2018
    Tlwagg - 10
    8greenbeans - 5
    aces - 10

02/14/2018
    9mmMike - 25
    Diehard65 - 10

03/03/2018
    Wabbit - 25
    Don - 10

03/12/2018
    Wabbit - 25
    8greenbeans - 5
    aces - 5
    Progeek - 5

03/26/2018
    njm_715 - 5
    Trillium -5
    John Galt 1 - 5
    Starlady - 25
    RWS - 25

03/31/2018
    tlwagg - 5
    Alurker - 5
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 01:00:17 AM by Lilburner »
    ~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: 2018 1Q Posting and membership contest raffle
    « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
    Merry Christmas to all.

And to all a good night!
    ~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 06:30:03 PM »
    Happy New year! We start tallying at midnight!

I'm surprised no one's said anything. I'm excited and I'm not even entered.
    ~ Daniel Webster

8greenbeans

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
    Wow! This is amazing and I’m surprised this is the first I’ve seen this post!

Happy New Year to all and May the odds ever be in your favor  ;D

USMC Veteran
    LEO & USAF Vet Mama
    Navy MIL
    Army Daughter
    8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
    9 GrandBeans
    4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
    1 MrBeans

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 06:34:38 PM »
    Small clarification and added opportunity!

Someone asked about events not open to all members. I've clarified the calendar and meetings line items to say "open to public or SEPN members).

I've added "Host a class, training session, breakout session or other event (nature walk, shooting contest, etc) at the SEPN spring campout." to get 25 entries, though. This is going to be dictated by time available, so hurry up and volunteer! I'll let the admins and mods sort out the actual schedule.

~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 02:45:20 PM »
    Congratulations to 9mmMike for claiming the first bonus entries!

They are tracked on the third post of this thread.

I'm thinking I might need to post a "How to add events to the calendar" tutorial/refresher for everyone's benefit.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 05:24:32 PM »
    I posted first on Jan. 1.

I've got 20 posts, tlwagg has at least 4-5, am I counting wrong?
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »
    You're wanting to see your post count?

It's not automatic, but it's not hard.

Just go into your profile, click "show posts", and count back to Jan. 1. Subtract that number to see what your post count then. Note that number for later reference, and subtract it from your master count on any given day.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
    I did that, I just didn't understand your post of 9mmMike getting the first bonus entries, when others posted days before he did AND that he's the only one listed with points.  I thought you were going to update the Post #3 periodically with folk's points - perhaps I misunderstood?

That's all I was asking & SERIOUSLY! no criticism is intended, just trying to get my own head straight, especially after you mentioned I was the first entry several days ago.  I'm sooooooo confused now.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 10:52:02 PM »
    Every post is an entry. But there's no need to track that manually. I'll just pull a database query at the end.

I'm only tracking bonus entries manually because they're awarded manually. I'm tracking them personally to add to the tally, and publicly so everyone can see what they have, and don't have to wonder if a certain task has been credited.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 12:19:10 PM »
    Aha, thus the confusion ........

" Details/Rules

How do you earn BONUS entries?

1 Entry: Every post you make"  (caps mine)

So, lots of us have bonus points but because they are posts you won't be putting them up until the end.

Got it, thanks!

Lilburner

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
    That's the kind of thing I was hoping we'd flush out in advance is why I put a call for comments.

I've never done this before so I'm no expert. I just wanted to do something nice for people and generate buzz for the forum.
    ~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 12:31:57 PM »
    You ARE doing something nice for us!

You do something nice for us everyday just by running this place!  Most people don't even know how much you do!

Again, no criticism was intended.  I didn't notice until you'd told two of us we were first.  No biggie, man, we're all big people here....and we're all human here.  And we CAN track our own points, while you do the special stuff.

Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal