Author Topic: THE SEPN Group text  (Read 11268 times)

Lilburner

THE SEPN Group text
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:45:23 PM »
The SEPN Group text has been working flawlessly as a backup communication system.

As many of you know, the SMS message is the "cockroach" of communication. It will outlast the internet, and will go through when phone calls won't. It is the last infrastructure-dependendt communications protocol to die before leaving only radio.

We have a "text tree" or "group text" system at SEPN that allows members to communicate in a group via text. It's not used for general chit chat or day to day communication because it rings a lot of phones. Mostly there's a Monthly test, a single notification of upcoming events, and any emergency communication. So far it's been used to help reschedule the Christmas party due to a winter storm, and today we saw two members trying to find each other at an outdoor event.

If you're not already on, you can PM me with your phone number to be added. NO ONE except me just the one time will ever see or have access to your phone number. All text will come from a random (but static, so you can put it in your contacts) number, and each message is prefaced with the name of the member who sent it.

Happy texting!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: THE SEPN Group text
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »
Bump!

This has been a good source for some fast moving information lately. If you're interested, PM me with your number. To reiterate - no one else sees your phone number, and I get rid of it after adding.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal