Author Topic: Atlanta-area police officer shot after responding to wrong home  (Read 1377 times)

Lilburner

Atlanta-area police officer shot after responding to wrong home
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »
Tragic, to be sure, but I hope it doesn't go beyond "unfortunate accident with no one or no THING to blame".

Also, I hope the officer makes a quick and complete recovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01/atlanta-area-police-officer-shot-circumstances-unclear/

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

Re: Atlanta-area police officer shot after responding to wrong home
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
HHMMM, circumstances unclear?  Based on other reports I have seen and read it seems to me someone called in a suspicious person in the neighborhood.  Cops came and started looking for him.  Found an unlocked door on the back of a house down the block a ways and decide to go in.  That house was not near the one the suspicious person was reported near. Kill the dog who lives there, shoots the owner who lives there and someone shoots one of the cops.  Not sure if owner or one of the other cops who went in.

Seems to me as major screw up on part of uniforms.  Also seems to me those uniforms need major dry cleaning and pressing to get them straight.  Bars in front of them to protect community for their criminal trespass or burglary or serious public screw up is minimal.  Story sure seems to me to be major cover up.

Nemo
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:20:10 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
Looks like the story is developing

"Early investigation indicates that the injured officer was likely shot accidentally by one of the other officers on the scene," said the GBI in a news release.

So now one cop shoots, the dog, another cop shoots the first cop, and one of the cops shoots the homeowner, who didn't shoot anyone?

Yeah - this reeks to me - there just isn't much of an explanation there I can see holding up to the light of day.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm just thankful they didn't call SWAT or that homeowner would be dead.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal