Author Topic: Pneumonia  (Read 1832 times)

8greenbeans

Pneumonia
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »
Thought I would share what I did for my pneumonia.

Upon Rising & Before Dinner

4-8 oz water w/ 1 Tbsp Fire Thieves Cider, 1 Tbsp Honey, & 1 tsp Usnea Tincture
1/2 clove garlic
A veggie cap w/ 1 drop each Oregano EO & Tea Tree EO
2 teaspoons elderberry syrup
5K mg Vit C
5K iu Vit D3* (AM only)
Mullein/Slippery Elm tea
Nebulize 1 tsp mullein decoction

Noon

4-8 oz water w/ 1 Tbsp Fire Thieves Cider, 1 Tbsp Honey, & 1 tsp Usnea Tincture
1/2 clove garlic
2 teaspoons elderberry syrup
5K mg Vit C
Mullein/Slippery Elm tea

**Notes**
~Prior to learning that I could nebulize an herbal decoction I was nebulizing h2o2 which was helping, just not as much as the mullein did. As previously noted in other posts - the h2o2 must be food grade and must be properly diluted before nebulizing. For a decoction, make an infusion then simmer down to half the liquid, to make more concentrated.

~I mix my Fire Thieves Cider with Honey 1:1 and store that way. It saves steps, especially when one is sick. So, if you store yours that way as well, then simply use 2 Tbsp of the mixture.

~Another thing I do is use little bottles (old glass spice bottles, old colloidal silver bottles, anything that is around 4 ounces [by volume] and liquid can easily pour from it) and mix my Cider and Usnea Tincture ahead of time - it is so much easier to pour it out of a non-dripping vessel than dipping out of large pickle or mason jars or dealing with little runs down the jars - which helps with opening the big jars as well. I'm more prone to use it when I can just uncap and pour out into a measuring spoon.

~I do the same for elderberry syrup. I store a quart at a time in a mason jar but regularly fill a 4-ounce (by volume) spice jar. Again, pouring it out is so much more convenient. Not necessary, but when sick it's less messy as well.

~I, personally, take D3 daily for muscle pain. My holistic doctor is the one that told me it needed to be 5K iu, which made an even bigger difference when I started that. Anyway, D3 is known to help fight viruses. I am not aware of what the mechanism is in disrupting a virus's cycle, I just know that there is a disruption. This is why getting as much sun exposure when sick is healing. It used to be done by a doctor at a solarium for patients that had tuberculosis. They made vast improvements. So this is one of the things that may or may not have made a difference but I included it on my list.

~Vit C in large doses can give you loose stools so be aware. Loose stools is not a bad thing necessarily. It can actually help rid the body of some of the germs. But if it gets uncomfortable then reduce the amount of Vit C. It can also work those kidneys. Toward the end of being sick, my kidneys started aching a little bit so I backed off to 10K mg which ended the aching. Vit C is also water soluable so it does not build up in the body but it does saturate the system when taken in large doses which is what helps fight off germs. So again, back off the Vit C if your kidneys start aching or start with 10K if you have kidney issues to begin with.

~Not everyone is comfortable taking essential oils (EO) internally. I have a few times during rather nasty spells. If you choose not to take internally, you may drink an oregano infusion (it's *very* strong and burns - this can be helped by adding honey) or eat lots of fresh oregano. Or by using both oils aromatically either through a vapor stick or diffusion. Or by topical application to the chest. Oregano oil is a hot oil. It will burn if not diluted. One may also increase garlic consumption. ALSO, EOs in veggie caps must be made right before consumption. These cannot be made then stored away for use as the EOs will dissolve the veggie caps. Veggie caps are made for dissolution.

~Something I would have done if I had not seen improvement in 24 hours was a mustard plaster. This is a remedy for a variety of lung congestions.

~The mullein and slippery elm tea was to constantly get mullein in me as it is a known lung ally. Slippery elm was for my throat. I coughed so much between the week of acute bronchitis and the following pneumonia that I barely had a voice for three weeks. Slippery elm helped keep my throat moisturized so that it did not hurt very much.

There you have it. How I overcame pneumonia on my own. I had a prescription for antibiotics if I needed it though. I was not happy to have pneumonia but I was pleased I could successfully treat it on my own. It just would have been nice if someone could have prepared all the medicines for me and brought them to me while I rested - oh well.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Starlady

Re: Pneumonia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:52 AM »
LOVE the info, thanks so much.  Did you use fresh or dried mullien and does it matter if it's 1st or 2nd year leaves?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:31:00 PM »
I used dried but you can use fresh. I just have a ton dried that needs to get used before I start pilfering from my plants. It does not matter if first or second year leaves.

Hopefully it's all info no one will need!

And I started slacking as I started feeling better cause you know - busy. Well that's the second thing I preach - take for a minimum of 24 hours after you feel all better with 48-72 hours afterwards being better. So I had to get back on the wagon real quick like. Relapses are always worse and I wasn't really into being sick again. What an absolute pain in my throat!

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:47:46 AM »
Thought this might be appropriate to bump up for the new folks. In light of today's current germ, I would increase these things and add:

Salt water gargle and neti pot usage
Lemon Balm, Peppermint & Fenugreek, Calendula, Cat's Claw, Olive Leaf, and Licorice root teas - for Anti-viral properties, help with break down of mucus, hydration and warm steam to ease breathing.
Astragalus root in my broths.
Kombucha, Kefir, and or Fermented Veggies

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
I wanted to give this information a bump, as it is very timely right now, and could save a life.  Thanks again to 8 Greenbeans!  Disclaimer...if things get really bad, you need a hospital!
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »
Olive leaf.  I have some olive trees.  If anyone needs leaves.

ProGeek

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
I saw a report that the pneumonia that corona causes is an immune response and not necessarily bacterial. This is similar to the 1918 Swine Flu. It inflames the lungs causing fluid buildup.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Starlady

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
Yeah, they are calling it a Cytokine Storm Syndrome.  It's apparently a typical response to viral pneumonia in 5-30% of the population, depending on which study you read.    It was a big thing about a month ago but the news seems to have quieted down a bit in the past 2 weeks.  Most of the articles are old.  The only place I found any info on calming that storm that didn't involve meds (we can't get ahold of anyway because they are still researching) - it was herbs & food:

blueberries, celery, turmeric, green tea, beets, leafy green veggies.  Also elderberry recommended in some places, but others say not to take it when CSS is apparent because it BOOSTS the immune system.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
Might still help to break down mucous though.  I wonder about Fire Tonic....I have a new jar ready to go.  If it worked for grave robbers, during the black plague.....So do you think all these amuse boosters could turn out to be a bad thing?  If they are, I have wasted a lot of time, energy and money. :o
Ariel

Starlady

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 05:33:43 PM »
No, no, no!   It was only recommended that you not take the elderberry IF you have CSS going on.  My interpretation only:

You want to boost the immune system to ward off the virus in the 1st place - but once you get it, you might not want keep boosting it.

I don't recall any of the stuff I read mentioning any version of Fire Cider, so I can't speak to that.   Might be a good thing to research.

Keep in mind, this is herbal stuff I read weeks ago when they 1st started talking about cytokine.  All the studies were done on SARS, if I remember correctly, and they are closely related.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 06:02:23 PM »
No, no, no!   It was only recommended that you not take the elderberry IF you have CSS going on.  My interpretation only:

You want to boost the immune system to ward off the virus in the 1st place - but once you get it, you might not want keep boosting it.

I don't recall any of the stuff I read mentioning any version of Fire Cider, so I can't speak to that.   Might be a good thing to research.

Keep in mind, this is herbal stuff I read weeks ago when they 1st started talking about cytokine.  All the studies were done on SARS, if I remember correctly, and they are closely related.
The three things I have been using to boost my immune system.

1.  Flack seed - I have packs of Flackers I munch on (Flack seed crackers)
2.  Tumeric
3.  Bitter orange.  I use a salad dressing Orange Vinagrette.  I use it on salad, cooked cabbage and cooked brussel sprouts
I started taking quinine sulfate 260mg and plan to once a week.  I read that taking it once a week keeps malaria away.  Maybe it will keep the virus away.  Boy I remember the after taste (Bad) from Vietnam when the Army gave them to me to keep the malaria away.  I read that there were 50 Lupus patients in Wuhan and none contracted the virus.  Lupus patients take HydroxyChloroquine.  We should tell Benny as he is in a dangerous position.

8greenbeans

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 12:07:40 AM »
Only elderberry & echinacea should be stopped for CSS.

There are other things recommended to be stopped but there's no consensus on it and I'm not comfortable making any recommendations on them.

Vitamin C, Melatonin, Flax seed, Bitter Orange, and Zinc seem to be supported by studies currently.

Getting mucus out of the lungs is important. Herbs that helps with that are: lobelia, Usnea, Mullein, elecampane. Eucalyptus oil also breaks up mucus. Chest tapping (done on the back and common among cystic fibrosis patients) helps break up & expell mucus. The three chemicals a doctor in China found to help are found in black tea... I believe other types as well but do not know them right off. Drink it hot, several times a day.

Then, of course, you have your fire cider ingredients which are common to break up and expell mucus - horseradish, ginger, hot peppers, garlic, and onions.

And don't forget mustard plasters that are also hot and break up, thin out, and expell mucus.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

Starlady

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation and updated info!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal