Author Topic: Mother Earth News Fair - April 9-10 - Asheville, NC  (Read 4135 times)

Lilburner

Mother Earth News Fair - April 9-10 - Asheville, NC
« on: September 07, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »
April 9-10, 2016
Western North Carolina Agricultural Center
1301 Fanning Bridge Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
Get directions here.
Hours

Saturday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

http://www.motherearthnewsfair.com/north-carolina/
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

Re: Mother Earth News Fair - April 9-10 - Asheville, NC
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »
I've been waiting for one to come to the south.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Nemo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
Calendar marked, planning begun.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:57:57 PM »
Calendar marked, planning begun.

Nemo

You planning on finding a campsite? Let us know if you do.

What would be hilarious is to get a $500 room at the Biltmore to go to the Mother Earth News Fair, but I'm just not that hilarious.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
More planning to see what I can arrange to scoot up there.  But a campsite can be often be found.  Amazing what a bit of looking and other things can do for you.   ;D  And I can even be sneaky on that stuff.  Parking lots, truck stops, rest areas and all kinds of stuff.

Might be a short one where you park a bit away, and just run on 20 amps when you usually use 30, but you never know until you look.

Nemo  8)

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »
More planning to see what I can arrange to scoot up there.  But a campsite can be often be found.  Amazing what a bit of looking and other things can do for you.   ;D  And I can even be sneaky on that stuff.  Parking lots, truck stops, rest areas and all kinds of stuff.

Might be a short one where you park a bit away, and just run on 20 amps when you usually use 30, but you never know until you look.

Nemo  8)

I'm sure I can find one - plus I can boondock as easy as not and I'm super stealthy.

I really meant more in case some other people wanted to join in and have a little social time.
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:22 AM »
Rest area, on highway XX northbound at mile mark bb, picnic shelter at north end.  A less good option but generally there.

Nemo

cavediverbob

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »
Tipigirl and I went to the first one held in Asheville a couple of years ago. My advice is GET THERE EARLY. There was a lot of traffic congestion and the event was super crowded. All the major speakers were standing room only. Some really come vendors and I had a nice long discussion with Dan Chiras (see: http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-D.-Chiras/e/B001H6SBOI ) about energy efficient building technigues.

Enjoy!

Bob
When seconds matter, help is minutes away.
Kilo, Kilo, 4, Golf, Lima, Juliette

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal