Author Topic: Disaster Monday - Grand Solar Minimum  (Read 969 times)

8greenbeans

Disaster Monday - Grand Solar Minimum
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »
Hey y'all! Sorry for slacking these past few weeks. It has been *busy* around here with all these spring time chores and MrBeans' new work schedule making me feel like a bachelorette; so, having to do it all by myself. Anyhow, let's talk Grand Solar Minimum.

RWS has been posting and warning us about the GSM for quite some time now. There are several schools of thought on this event. The three major ones are: 1) it will cause a mini ice age like it did in the 1600s when icebergs were near the English Channel and fishing villages in Greenland were abandoned due to the extreme cold and ice; 2) that global warming is so strong that it will offset the minimum therefore nothing will change; and 3) that the GSM will put a dent in global warming, bringing it back down to "normal" global temperatures.

There's more to the GSM than just temperature changes. It can cause wacky weather, ranging from flooding to droughts and storms in between, making growing food difficult. There's less magnetic output (if that's the right way to describe it) that affects crop growth also.

If extreme northern and southern regions (toward the poles) get too cold, there will migration toward the warmer areas.

So, let's talk Grand Solar Minimum - the possibilities and what we can do to prepare. If you are new to GSM, here is a link to a round table discussion on it. You can skim over the new age-y stuff to get the science stuff. I was surprised to hear advocacy for items that are generally lost in boating accidents from folks that sound like surfer dudes. Either way, the first hour is education on GSM and the second hour (actually about 45 minutes) is about how to prepare to survive & thrive during a GSM.

Grand Solar Minimum Explained & Solutions to Thrive During the Changes

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal