Author Topic: Fun items on Craigslist  (Read 1423 times)

ProGeek

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

nj_m715

Re: Fun items on Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »
I wonder how much those grates would hold, might make a good foot bridge

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »
I wonder how much those grates would hold, might make a good foot bridge

It's my understanding that some of our members are using them for exactly that. Hopefully one or more will see this to verify it's the same thing.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »
It is the same material (or appears to be) but the trick is getting enough support to prevent it from flexing too much.  We used very heavy angle iron on both sides across the span, maybe ten feet.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »
Looks like the person has some pallet racking as well. I bet a pallet rack upright with the grate laid over it would do the trick.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »
my truck is getting a clutch this week. I'll have to get down there next week

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal