Author Topic: Forrest Service camp grounds closed  (Read 1733 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Forrest Service camp grounds closed
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:58:31 PM »
Forrest Service campgrounds normally open April 1st.  Now scheduled to open May 15th.  But, hey who knows.  Online message at recreation.gov says.

This location is closed. Affected reservations have been cancelled and refunds have been issued. Local managers are committed to the health and safety of recreational visitors and our staff. We are following the guidelines from our agency and the CDC regarding COVID-19, closely monitoring the situation and responding to current conditions. Please continue to monitor this page for status updates.

RWS

• Bugged Out
Re: Forrest Service camp grounds closed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:43:05 AM »
While we are confined to quarters we are both staying busy with hobbies.  I have been planting a garden, the wife has been sewing, mostly quilts.  I bought her a quilting kit for her christmas present.  We thought it would be a nice small quilt for the camper.

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
In this time of maintaining a distance from others closing campsites is foolish.     About 75 years ago with Polio sweeping through the US a man named Fitszor (spelling may be wrong) gathered up a group of kids and they went camping in the Clayton GA area for 5 months to keep the kids out of the polio infested city.     Kids occasionally came and went from the group but it worked well to keep the kids isolated.     My father was one of those kids.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:10:34 PM »
You could bug out here!

See MP4 file attached

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
I dont think those stairs meet code

upacreek

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 10:55:16 AM »
Even they've got kids on leashes.  Sheesh - if you can't control your kids...  Did you guys notice that the only person one arming the ladder was a woman?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

bountyhunter

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »
Well...for one they are obviously not in rural Georgia where I hang my hat. 2- for those of us that have been in shithole countries "up to code" aint even in the vocabulary. 3-they are part mountain goat!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Gunner

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 01:38:45 AM »
OH HELL NO!!!!
U.S. Army Signal Corps