Author Topic: How to make a $1500 sandwich  (Read 3400 times)

Country Singer

How to make a $1500 sandwich
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »
This really puts things into perspective:

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

Re: How to make a $1500 sandwich
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »
And he's probably got enough leftovers to make another 100 sandwiches...........which reduces the cost per significantly.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
Except for chickens.

Figure hmmm... one chicken per sandwich  ;D
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

WalterWhite

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »
I guess if you do all that to make one sandwich it's expensive, especially if he's figuring in the travel costs.  Farming and gardening puts us in the black every year.
"I saw something nasty in the woodshed."

Country Singer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 02:09:14 PM »
I think the overall point he was getting at was just how involved the process is to do something "simple," in this case, making a sandwich.  Most people these days don't think of all that goes into producing the things that we consume.  Heck, it's even that way for us as preppers from time to time.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

WalterWhite

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
I think the overall point he was getting at was just how involved the process is to do something "simple," in this case, making a sandwich.  Most people these days don't think of all that goes into producing the things that we consume.  Heck, it's even that way for us as preppers from time to time.

You're right.  I guess I don't see it as being that involved since I've lived this way all my life with the exception of time spent in school and a couple of jobs that took me away from the farm for a year or two here and there.
"I saw something nasty in the woodshed."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal