Author Topic: Hello, all. Reaching out from Greater Atlanta, Region 3.  (Read 2010 times)

Forge

Hello, all. Reaching out from Greater Atlanta, Region 3.
« on: August 24, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Hello, SE Preppers Network.  Sounding off from here in the Greater Atlanta area, Region 3.

Newcomer and novice here, looking to network with the like-minded.  Eager to learn, contribute, and collaborate.  Not only looking to beef up my level of preparedness and my self-reliance, I'm also seeking a team, a tribe.

Right now, I'm leading up a meetup here in the Region 3 area, but as I do so I'm continuing to find out about more groups and networks like this one that already exist.  I'm hoping to contribute here and attend events when/if they arise, whether simply to break bread or to learn skills/strategies. 
"Don't look around for the path you are meant to follow.
 Forge it yourself." - T Sorenson

joebob

Re: Hello, all. Reaching out from Greater Atlanta, Region 3.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 06:22:18 PM »
Welcome

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »
Welcome from Region 1.

Tribe takes years to earn the trust necessary to put your life in another's hands.  Take your time and do it right.  Meanwhile, building skills is an excellent way to get to know folks.  Read up, we've lots of info here!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »
Welcome for Region 3 North.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Forge

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 07:37:53 AM »
Tribe takes years to earn the trust necessary to put your life in another's hands.  Take your time and do it right.  Meanwhile, building skills is an excellent way to get to know folks.  Read up, we've lots of info here!

Yes, grateful for your comment this morning, as it reminds me to make sure I'm adopting the right mindset and thinking about this long-term. 

I wish I had known and had been working at it sooner (#millennialfail).  But glad to know now so I can prioritize doing so the right way, slow and steady.

Looking forward to digging in to the rest of the forum.
"Don't look around for the path you are meant to follow.
 Forge it yourself." - T Sorenson

Newnan prepper

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »
Hi Forge!

Welcome from old RN who is fairly new to this too, so don't beat yourself up. Educate yourself and participate when opportunities come up. Life has taught me that. Best wishes from Newnan. Hope to meet ya in October.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 07:29:52 AM »
Welcome from Region 8

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 09:04:42 AM »
Welcome!  The great thing about prepping is that you can learn something new everyday.  Some things you can do, are even free!  Some don't even take a lot of time.  Everyone goes at it a little differently, depending on need and circumstance.  If you get into U-tube, be sure to read the reviews and history.
I have not checked the old posts, but wonder if folks on here have favorites and they feel comfortable referring other to watch and learn? 
I for example like the canning diva, as I trust her methods from my own experience.
Ariel

Newnan prepper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 09:25:02 AM »
I’ve learned quite a bit from YT.  For gardening Vlogs I watch Living Traditions Homestead. Sarah also cans a lot and she actually showed the process step by step for those who are new to canning.  She taught me on some items you can pickle half with AC vinegar and half white vinegar for a richer flavor.  It’s a simple trick but I would not have thought of. I also watch Jess on Roots and Refuge. I’ve learned a ton from her on the different varieties of tomatoes.  I’m trying Dr Whychy tomotoes next year based on how well she’s talked about flavor and meatiness of different varieties.  That girl loves her tomatoes.  My favorite overall Vlog for learning how to make ACV, sourdough starter, bone broth and homemade cream cheese is Mary’s Nest.

I will check out canning diva!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Abigayle

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
You found some good sites.  My husband, Thor, watches a lot of the Ozark couple as well.  I have watched many of theirs.  Sarah always looks at Kevin like she could just eat him up!  Even through the pandemic,  and her surgery, those two really worked well together.
We would love to have that fabric that they use.  Maybe next year, we will try some, but boy, it is expensive, when a person is doing a big plot.  I am guessing they get a pretty healthy break on cost.  We lived about forty-five minutes from them for over twenty years.  They don't have the bug problems we have here.
How don't know how the tomato lady does it all, with the kids, etc.  Yes, U-tube, the soap opera for preppers... gotta love it!
Ariel

ProGeek

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »
Forge, glad you made it here. It was good to see you at prepper camp. There is a lot of information here, dig in.  ;)
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Doomsayer

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 12:43:29 PM »
Hi Forge. I think I know you and I'm in your group. For privacy I'll just say who I am at our next meeting though. :D

Searchboss

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »
Greetings from Region 6! You have found a great resource here.

TangoAlpha03

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2022, 09:22:57 PM »
Had to redo everything but glad I.m back. I;m the net control from Metro Atlanta AmRRON Net plus alot of other things in my background. Some of y'all know me already and its great to be back.
"Happy is he who dares courageously to defend what he loves." Publius Ovidius Naso (43 BC – 17 AD)

tlwagg

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
Hello from North Fulton!
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal