Author Topic: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 8153 times)

nj_m715

Re: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 01:18:56 PM »
we had some off and on showers but no bad storms so not too bad.

nice to see everyone again. nice to meet you doom, too bad you made it so late.

thanks rws for digging up berries for me

Lilburner

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 01:25:40 PM »
Made it home in good order.

Great to see friends and spend time socializing and relaxing. Thanks to Doomsayer for coming out to spend some time with us last night and this morning. Hope to see you more!

The rain was largely inconsequential in the daytime, picking up in the overnight hours. I think the wettest most people got was sitting too close to a canopy edge when the condensation built up and drooled down on them. It was actually quite nice relatively, in contrast to the many confusing and conflicting weather reports.

Not the largest crowd, due to weather, lingering covid concerns, conflicts, etc., but a nice, solid group.

And despite a somewhat diminished crowd, we had our best auction ever, raising $1067! Thanks to everyone for generous donations and lively bidding! We're definitely funded for a Christmas party, the next year of website, and the spring campout.

Glad to hear you secured your offspring without incident, Upacreek. I'm assuming there was a copious number of "I told you so"s, but the important thing is to have him safe and sound.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
I made it home safe but tired.  I got most of the van cleaned out and parked in in the shop as the rain started here.  Just another rain band moving thru.
Like normal, I spent too much money,  ate too little and stayed up too late.  Time for a nap.

Doomsayer

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »
I had a good time meeting everyone even though I was late. :) Looking forward to future events. Not sure about the Christmas party yet since I assume it's mostly indoors, but hopefully Covid will have burned itself out more by then.

I checked out the Rock Eagle effigy and trails after the event. It's 27 minutes northeast from the campsite. The effigy is very eroded now compared to most pictures online but it was still interesting to see. I hiked the blue trail, which has signs labeling native plants and trees. Some were edible. Eg. Sparkleberry and Beautyberry. There was a 3D archery range along the blue trail as well.

Searchboss

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2020, 03:22:21 PM »
I had 4 people in 2 tents in our group. We had no problems despite off and on raining, mostly overnight. Everyone had a great time. This was the first exposure for two of them to group camping and discussing prepping with a number of experienced preppers. I got a kick out of listening to their conversations, both with some of the regulars, and then later between themselves. I can tell that they were positively impressed and learned new ideas. Special thanks go to Farside!

It was great to see everyone who attended. While the attendance was smaller than usual, I think that was expected due to everything going on now. To me the best part was the camaraderie while sitting around under the canopies discussing a myriad of subjects. Even though there were no formal presentations we still learned things through the group discussions. The auction was as good as any we have had, and we all truly enjoyed Country Singer’s antics as our auctioneer! Great Job!!!

Upacreek, I am glad you made it home safely and the family is well. It was good to see you again.

I am already looking forward to the Spring camping trip.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2020, 04:08:45 PM »
Someone is a chair short.  I came home with an extra chair, light green with Atlanta Medical or something like that printed on it.

I came home to no lettuce in my garden.  Seems a rabbit ate it all and most of my celery too.  So I planted more lettuce in my new 4ft by 8 ft boxed in bed.  I intend to build a screen wire cover to keep out deer and rabbit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:10:06 PM by RWS »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal