Author Topic: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 8154 times)

Lilburner

A little late in terms of an official announcement due to ongoing uncertainties, but we're going to go ahead and do this!

It's that time again! Mark your calendar!

The Annual Fall Campout - October 09-11 at Cedar Creek WMA. If you wish to arrive on Thursday the 8th, you'll have plenty of company for the extra day. If you can't can't camp with us, come down for the day. Most planned activities will be concentrated on Saturday.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Checking Station Road. If Googling, google Cedar Creek Check Station or you might get directions to the range which is a different road off 212.

Specifically, here: https://goo.gl/maps/jKXeHv1JbKm The campground is on the opposite side of the gravel road from the Checking Station on the map, and just a hair BEFORE it. The path into the woods is subtle and some would say hard to see, but accommodates the largest of RVs. If you drive fully up TO the Checking Station, you've gone too far. HOPEFULLY there will be a yellow banner out by Thursday afternoon marking the turn.

Watch this thread for more details. As classes, activities, etc. are added, the details will be added to this main post as well.

Start picking out your auction item donations! The Saturday evening donation auction is a highlight of the event and our only source of income, and everything goes back in to SEPN 100%. It pays for the domain and the website. Last year we were able to subsidize the Christmas party for all attendees, and this year there's even more. specifically...

No camping fee: SEPN is picking up the bill for Port-A-Potties this year. No GORP/WMA pass is required at this site

_________________________________________________________________________________

Activities: Normally we have classes or other activities planned, but with the current situation to allow people to mingle or not as they see fit, and since we missed a campout, we're just going to concentrate on enjoying each other's company. Be mindful of everyone's individual wishes, be they masks, distancing, avoiding hugs and handshakes, etc. I got chided at Prepper Camp for not initially shaking someone's hand who I'd normally hug anyway. And it wasn't even me not wanting to do it, but not knowing what they wanted to do. It's a bit of a minefield guessing how everyone's reacting on their own level.

There WILL be an auction! Please be as generous as possible in both donations and buying since we missed one this year and it's what funds the forum and all the activities!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:35:43 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »
Reserved
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 06:22:20 PM »
I'll be there. Please check in. I need to know how many in your party. That way I can order porta pottys.

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 06:34:47 PM »
Me and Harley.  Might camp, might day trip.  I'll try to get a look at the camper this week.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
I plan to attend.  RWS  Just me.

PS: Abigayle gave me 2ea.  5gal buckets of dog food for the auction.  They were packed for long term storage and are 2 years old.  Their dog passed away recently and they no longer need to keep it especially if they will be moving soon.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:58:47 PM by RWS »

florida44

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 10:15:47 PM »
Hope to be there, gots lots going on so keeping fingers crossed
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

revckd

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 10:57:03 PM »
Hope to be there, gots lots going on so keeping fingers crossed
I ditto that! ;D
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

Searchboss

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 12:32:50 PM »
I plan to come along with my wife plus two more if they follow through.

Joe Jameson

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »
Will there be a schedule of events / classes or is this more a free form type of event?

Country Singer

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
Will there be a schedule of events / classes or is this more a free form type of event?

I think this year is going to be more free form due to uncertainties about participation.  There will be the usual auction of donated items but apart from that, it will mostly be folks sitting around the fire chatting and networking this time around.  If there's any semblance of normalcy when the Spring camp out rolls around, I expect classes to re-emerge.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:18 PM »

I think this year is going to be more free form due to uncertainties about participation.  There will be the usual auction of donated items but apart from that, it will mostly be folks sitting around the fire chatting and networking this time around.  If there's any semblance of normalcy when the Spring camp out rolls around, I expect classes to re-emerge.
I have a "SWIM" (CPU) chlorine producing unit that I would like to try out at the campout.  Basically you take water, salt and a battery to convert salt & water to chlorine.  I store the powdered ingredients to make chlorine, but this looks much easier and salt is stable.  Maybe I can do a show & tell.

YellowRose

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
I should be able to make it.

upacreek

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
I plan on attending.  I'm betting it's just me, but I can hold out hope one of my kids wants to go.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

nj_m715

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
I have 2 or 3 55-ish gallon pickle barrels that I don't need.
I bought a bunch from craigslist and have a couple extra. they will need to be cleaned but only held pickles

I paid 20$/ea so thats all I'm asking.
let me know if you want one so I don't drag them down there for nothing.
they look similar to this:
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/military-grade-58-gallon-waterproof-molded-barrel-used?a=1009668

I have military field phones and a night vision I can bring if anyone wants to play with them and see how they work.

nj_m715

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »
anyone interested in learning to plug a tire?
I have an old tire, we can punch holes and plug em up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal