Author Topic: American Power Grid  (Read 4444 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
American Power Grid
« on: January 29, 2021, 08:07:40 AM »
Biden hands over control of America’s power grid to communist China

China does not even need to use an EMP, all they need is Biden in office!!!

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2021/01/29/biden-hands-over-control-of-americas-power-grid-to-communist-china/

florida44

Re: American Power Grid
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:57:19 AM »
I just do not even watch or listen to the news anymore. Its physically sickening. Just planning to keep our heads low for this presidential term.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 07:40:17 AM »
Yep he hates the country.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 09:29:23 AM »
By Casey Harper (The Center Square)

As energy and gas prices continue to rise, industry insiders are warning that blackouts and “energy emergencies” may be in store for millions of Americans this summer.

The North American Electric Reliability Corporation released a report this week evaluating the possibility of blackouts, saying that there is a “high risk of energy emergencies during peak summer conditions” in many parts of the country.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/summer-power-blackouts-may-be-on-the-horizon/

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 10:57:01 AM »
Along with these reports, if you google "threat to the American power grid", you will finally find up to date sources of concerned from mayor players.  The F.B.I. is posting concerns regarding China and our grid.
Both Russia and China have blueprints of our entire grid.  The only reason we are hearing about this now is because they want us to be "a little prepared" and not panic.  At the same time, they would like for law abiding citizens to give up anything stronger than a bebe gun.  Look up Ben Carson's post, regarding his main concern for this country when he was running for office.  Also check out the sixty minutes report about aa month ago, regarding the grid.  Many more companies have be hit then we know.  They pay the ransom, because it is far easier than getting the feds involved and paying to revamp their systems, to federal standards.  Practice your skills folks and recheck your supplies...

tlwagg

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 09:34:49 PM »
Go over to the members only page I posted something you might be interested in.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 12:23:13 PM »
Tlwagg P.M. me, please.  I could not find it.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 12:58:30 PM »
Well we did not get the rolling power outages this Summer like was predicted.  Oh, California had some but California does not count.  The granola state has always been weird.  Anyway I just got my power bill August 23 to Sept 23.  I bought 320 Kwhs from Middle Georgia EMC which was under the minimum 500Kwh so I just paid the $25.00 meter fee.  Then I sold them 1160KWh for -39.48.  That left me with a credit of -14.48.  Not bad for 10 year old solar panels.

granola = Fruit, Nuts & Flakes

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 06:58:11 PM »
Well, We did not get the rolling power outages this Summer as predicted.  I have been ready for such an event since 2003.  I am a little nostalgic this evening so I am posting a picture of my solar system battery from 2003.  All 3500 lbs of it.  That was all my little 2 ton hoist wanted to move.  Notice the sulphators on the front of the battery.  Basically they are ultrasonic vibrators that vibrate the battery plates and shake off the sulfate as it is forming before it gets hard.  If you use liquid lead acid batteries, sulphators will extend the battery life.

John Galt 1

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2022, 08:27:52 PM »
RWS...
Your place is your business but you've told us you're primarily solar powered so I know your war big into power conservation.     But 320KWH usage per month seems awfully high.      I suspect most here are less that 150 KWH per month usage.     Personally my home is closer to 90 KWH per month.   

Are you sure that your average solar production is that high?        That's like a 18000 watt solar panel system.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Surveyor1

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2022, 09:07:07 PM »
RWS...
Your place is your business but you've told us you're primarily solar powered so I know your war big into power conservation.     But 320KWH usage per month seems awfully high.      I suspect most here are less that 150 KWH per month usage.     Personally my home is closer to 90 KWH per month.   

Are you sure that your average solar production is that high?        That's like a 18000 watt solar panel system.

Hey John I may be a little off here but last month I used 426 KWH at a cost of $87.92 from our local EMC.  I have a barn on a separate meter that is never used and only has a refrigerator plugged in 24/7 and my usage was 78 KWH.  When you say “most here are less than 150 KWH per month usage” are you referring to people on solar or the average household?  I hate to question your numbers but honestly something seems off?  I use about 12 KWH per day not conserving at all and my house is very efficient as all major appliances are gas.  My freezer alone pulls 1.1 KWH per day and I have 2 refrigerators that pull more (one is outside).  If you are using 90 KWH per month please tell us your secret because that’s incredible!  That’s like 3 KWH per day!  I use more than that running my refrigerators and freezer!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

John Galt 1

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2022, 09:37:55 PM »
Surveyor,       I may have misspoken.          I think this house before the solar system was averaging a little over 800 KWHs a month.         Now days with more efficient heating, appliances, and propane cooking it's probably close to 550 KWHs electricity a month.    The barn with one chest freezer is on a different meter.

My Bad...

Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Surveyor1

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2022, 10:15:22 PM »
No problem JG1!  I was looking at the numbers and I knew something had to be off.  The 550 sounds completely doable.  I wanted to go off grid but my average electric bill for 12 months is around $75.00 so I chose to put 2kw worth of panels up with 5kw of batteries as backup power. If TSHTF I want to be able to run my freezer and 12 vdc lights, mission accomplished!  People need to understand that they can get by with much less power than they have today and still live a “somewhat comfortable” life…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 06:02:36 AM »
It Has Started !

Massive Power Outage in North Carolina Was Caused By Gunfire Damaging Substations, Leaving 40,000 Without Power

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/massive-power-outage-north-carolina-caused-gunfire-damaging-substations-leaving-40000-without-power/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal