Author Topic: Internet Service  (Read 2438 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Internet Service
« on: February 16, 2021, 01:03:08 PM »
I have been waiting all morning for the "Health Ranger Report"  I usually listen to it every morning.  This morning it was not there.  Then I figured it out.  He is in Texas and has no internet service.  No worries about electricity as he is a prepper and has his own backup power.  Since he lives on a farm he has tractors with PTOs.  So,  he has a PTO generator which is good as long as the diesel fuel holds out.  Most farms have large diesel fuel storage tanks so they can keep the tractors running.  For a small cabin or partial backup of a small home, PTO generators are most likely oversized for the job. 
Now I am wondering about my NC friend.  I wonder if he has lost power.  I talked to him last week and he had not lost power at all this year.  I told him that is the way it is.  When you install a solar backup system then the power stays on.....One way or the other.  Now if the internet service would stay on all would be good.

upacreek

Re: Internet Service
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
I just signed up with Starlink for my new place (I'm still holding out hope I'll be moving there this year).  It's in the boonies, so check out your area.  When it finally becomes available, storms like this shouldn't be an issue.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:12:42 AM »
I just signed up with Starlink for my new place (I'm still holding out hope I'll be moving there this year).  It's in the boonies, so check out your area.  When it finally becomes available, storms like this shouldn't be an issue.
I will check out starlink for my new BOL as there is no cell service there.  It will be at least another year though before I
am readay to investigate that.  That should give them time to build out some.

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 09:19:09 AM »
There's a guy on youtube who has been testing it out and he loves it.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 01:35:38 PM »
There's a guy on youtube who has been testing it out and he loves it.

Interesting🤔🤔🤔... Thanks for sharing!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

John Galt 1

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 10:57:19 PM »
I will check out starlink for my new BOL as there is no cell service there.  It will be at least another year though before I
am readay to investigate that.  That should give them time to build out some.

Here in N. GA I registered for Starlink last week.      They estimate that the service will become available in my area in the fall.      People further south may be longer.
Windstream sux!
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 05:59:35 AM »
I just ordered StarLink also.  Looks like 9 months out.  I may want to change location to my new BOL by then??

Gunner

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 03:03:06 AM »
We decided to make a change, and we wanted to get out of the DSL system.  We decided to go with a MOFI system for the house.  Our is a cell/wireless/router system supported by our national phone carrier.  So far it has been supporting our needs quite well.... a test would be to pack it up and take it out on a test to see hoe it performs on the nation-wide cellular network.  Hope that it does all that we ask it to do for us.
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

RWS

• Bugged Out

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 10:09:03 AM »
More Starlink internet satellites going up.

SpaceX Falcon 9 launches from Vandenberg AFB, carries 51 Starlink internet satellites to orbit

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2022, 04:48:35 PM »
My commercial Power is off.  It has been for the last fifteen minutes.  We just had a small thunder storm pass thru.  Since my starlink is powered from my solar system, we are able to stay on the internet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal