Author Topic: New to Region 2  (Read 5761 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: New to Region 2
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2022, 08:03:39 PM »
That empty back panel shown in a prior post now has an inverter, power distribution center, 2ea charge controllers, Rapid shut down control and a lighting panel.  Took a couple days for me to get this far.  Maybe next trip I can power it up.  It rained for three days and we had mud every where.

Picture two.  My son came up from Atlanta on Monday and we caught a break in the rain long enough to put up the rest of the radio tower.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2022, 06:14:35 AM »
My trip to Region 2 was good with 5 days of sunshine.  My camper house battery actually charges better from the solar panel than the on board trickle charger.  This last trip up I got the radio tower grounded with a 5/8" copper clad ground rod, cad welded to a #6 bare solid copper wire.  The wire was ran up the tower and grounded to the tower with 2ea  1" pipe ground clamps, top and bottom.  The wire entered the building thru a pipe installed under the eve for antenna wires to pass thru.  I carried the wire all the way to the electrical system and made it common with the other 2 grounds.  Then I ran the Starlink wire up the tower in prep for a Starlink install.
I got the inverter up and running.  This is the first time using the Schneider Rapid shut down control.  When I finished wiring it up and turned it on I got a red light. (System Shutdown)  I had not yet wired up the switch by the door, so I twisted the bare ends of the wire together and the red light went out.  I was then able to restart the inverter.  So,,,  The system works like advertised.  With system shutdown I was getting 5.9VDC from the solar panels.  With the system running I got 395VDC.  So now I have 3000Watts of solar panels operational.
In the picture you can see where the PV wire comes down beside the rapid shut down box you can see where I went to flex conduit.  There is a big ugly loop.  I left the wire long with the loop so when I bring in the second array I can install a Tee fitting so both can go thru the Rapid shut down box.  It will handle 2 strings.
Batteries are shot.  They were pull outs that I told a customer he needed new batteries.  I was right.  Those batteries were not worth the effort of lugging them up North.  At lest I was able to get the system up and running but need new batteries.
Pic 2 there is 30 Watts of LED lighting showing on the display.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 06:42:38 AM by RWS »

Surveyor1

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2022, 10:02:47 AM »
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »
No.  // A little success last evening and this morning.  Last evening I did a factory erase and set up the Starlink for my Region 2 location, gave it a new name and password.  Then this morning I parked the antenna and went up the tower.  I did not know how to get the antenna off the four legged base so I could bring it down in two pieces.  I loaded tools in the tower bag and went up this morning.  I had to use an old safety belt that I have not used in years as the one I like is up in Region 2.  First I had to WD40 the moving parts to get them to move again.  Once on top I fiddled with the antenna until my hand accidentally pushed a button on the antenna base and the antenna released.  I put the antenna in the tool bag and put the bag on my back like a day pack and came down.  No problem with my legs getting tired, but my arms are wore out for the day.  I will go up tomorrow and retrieve the base and water proof/sun proof the antenna wire end.  Just getting ready for my next trip to Region 2.  Then it will be time to come home and get ready for campout.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:34:34 AM by RWS »

Abigayle

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2022, 11:01:31 AM »
Surveyor, They showed an Athens Sheriff car at the scene.
Now, I am not Nancy Grace, but something is rotten in Denmark.  Is your last call in life to transfer money to your daughter, in a very strange amount...at that and tell her the key is under the flower pot?  Why wasn't an adult daughter allowed to have a key in the first place?  Where does the step-father fit in here?  I am thinking my last text would be to 911, or to give someone my location or a description of my abductors....anything but this...  Oh, and daughter was searching for her mother at a make-up store....reaally????  Any bets that she made a purchase with her new windfall?  Yes, she seems really upset, but it could just be remorse or fear of discovery.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2022, 02:56:43 PM »
I now have Starlink running at my BOL.  I forgot to put in my camera this trip so I can't take a picture of the antenna but it is on  top of the new tower.  I might not have grid power and there is no telephone service but I have internet. 
I have been wiring.  I now have electricity upstairs and downstairs.  Getting ready for the plummer to show up and do his thing.  I want no part of that.

ProGeek

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2022, 05:28:46 PM »
Starlink put me off until Fall next year. :'(
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »
Starlink put me off until Fall next year.
--------------------------------------------------

Starlink has an RV add on.  For $35 per month you can move your Starlink around.  I did the one time move which was supposed to put me in the back of the Que.  I did the move several days ago and powered it up here today.  I was surprised to find it turned on.  I was expecting a month or so in the Que.  I told them I was off grid with no cell service.  Maybe that helped...
I am operating from the camper parked in front of the barn with a good Wifi signal.  I have new neighbors and they drove in a couple hours ago.  I now see their Wifi and printer.  That is why I put a password on mine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 07:21:26 PM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2022, 07:37:18 PM »
I bought this land as farm land but there is only about 5 acres flat enough to farm.  That is enough for a small community farm.  The size is not a problem.  The problem is it is so far out in the sticks that there is an animal problem.  What the deer don't eat, the bear do!  The wife was talking to the neighbor lady the other day.  The lady woke up early in the morning with eyes staring in the window.  The window was up about 6".  She turned on the porch light and there was a big bear on her porch looking in the window.  We were talking gardening, what she planted this year and what she planned to plant next year.  She said she has not planted corn for the last several years.  That a bear came and sat down in her last corn field and devoured it.  Obviously she does not shoot.  I told her that she had to run them off with buck shot peppering their back side on the way out.  By the way, that must have been what bumped up against my camper and rocked it that morning.  I don't think I want to sleep in a tent either.... this time of the year.

Abigayle

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »
R.W.S.  When we first moved back to the states, we bought a cabin up in Cherry Log, Close to Ellijay.  I went on a hunt to every hardware store, etc. etc. looking for a "bear  proof" garbage can.  I wish I had taken video films of the sales people rolling in the isles in laughter.  Well I got the best two they had, and we kept it on a small deck on the second story, with no stairs leading up to it. We double bagged and tied.  We sprayed the cans.  Within days, we were awakened by our garbage cans being banged all over the deck.  The noise was accompanied by lots of grunting and snorting.  Our 95 lb Doberman, Sheba (may she rest in peace), almost went through the window after it.  The bear carried both cans off into the woods, which were almost straight downhill.  The next day, Sheba led us to the remaining mess.  Cleanup took hours.  Trash cans were moved into a downstairs closet.  By the way, when the conservation dept picks up bear around Atlanta, who have been living on dog and cat food, guess there they release them?  They head north and drop them off.  That is why they are so thick up there.  We moved to Ellijay and still say them about once a week.  Sheba kept them out of the yard; she was extremely brave, when her people were outside.  Our neighbor hung a bird feeder with sunflower seed in the middle of their beautiful vegetable garden.  The bear tore down a bear gate and deer fence to get the seed.  You might try a solar electric fence around your garden.  The deer went under one of our broken fish line that we missed and ate apple tree branches and grape vines recently.  They were just really getting well established.  One step forward, two steps back.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2022, 07:20:27 AM »
----------------------------------------------------------------

You need to get the clock started.  I waited a year to get mine!!

Surveyor1

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2022, 06:30:37 PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------

You need to get the clock started.  I waited a year to get mine!!

Tell them that you are Ukrainian and you’ll have by the end of the week plus a billion dollars in military hardware😳😳😳…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2022, 10:23:51 AM »
Tell them that you are Ukrainian and you’ll have by the end of the week plus a billion dollars in military hardware😳😳😳…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But you can keep only half a billion.  The rest must be sent back as fake purchases from politicians family businesses.

Surveyor1

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2022, 02:29:07 PM »
Bingo!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2022, 09:01:49 AM »
Well I am home in Region 8 for the Winter.  This gives me time to cruise the internet and wish a lot.  One thing I found for the BOL is a wood fired cook stove with a 2 burner LP cook surface attached to the right side.  I also found an electric range only 24inches wide 4 burners & oven.  With the wood burner I will also be able to get some kitchen heat while cooking.  I plan to put the wood stove on the West wall and move the frig to the North wall.  If I get a tall skinny frig, it should fit OK.

https://www.lehmans.com/product/elmira-fireview-wood-cookstove/

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Summit-Appliance-24-in-2-9-cu-ft-Electric-Range-in-White-RE2411W/308495872?

https://www.lehmans.com/product/elmira-antique-style-refrigerator/          But not in Red, click the white box.

PS:  I like the bun warmer on top also as I like to warm up the plates in the Winter so the food doesn't get cold too quickly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal