Author Topic: New to Region 2  (Read 5758 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: New to Region 2
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2023, 06:00:57 PM »
Made another trip to region 2.  They have recently had a BIG rain.  My big pond overflowed and washed the road out.  The County came in and installed a larger discharge pipe.  The rain had wiped all the old tracks away so all that was left were new.  There were lots of deer tracks and dog tracks. 
We planted a pineapple pear tree while there.  We currently can pineapple pears every year from a tree down the road.  The lady that owns the tree is 92 and living in an assisted facility.  We probably won't have access to this tree for much longer.  It is a really good large pear.  So with the three Pear trees, two Pecan trees, one hickory nut tree, two Apple trees and two Peach trees, we are done planting fruit trees for this Spring season.  I have 15 Goji berry bushes to go up there later this year.  They will look good lined up down beside the driveway.  I have been looking for some 10 ft fence posts so I can fence in a garden spot.  I found some in Tifton at MSI.  If I can get the garden spot built this year then I can plant next Spring except I have Raspberries and Elderberry on order for delivery soon.  (April)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:12:47 PM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2023, 07:22:38 PM »
Starlink put me off until Fall next year. :'(
Looks like it will be a little longer.  SpaceX's last launch blew up after liftoff.
"SpaceX launched the largest and most powerful rocket in history Thursday morning from southern Texas.

The sight of this majestic object flying in the sky was truly an awe-inspiring experience to witness.

The rocket, however exploded a few moments later. As Fox News reported, SpaceX live stream hosts described this as a “rapid unscheduled disassembly.”

I guess my star link bill is going to go up again!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/watch-spacex-successfully-launches-largest-rocket-in-history-before-it-explodes-in-mid-air-elon-musk-responds/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:43:25 PM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2023, 07:22:09 PM »
My propane supplier put 124.6 gal of LP in my tank.  They charged me 2.129 per gal.  I thought that was a descent price compared to what it was last Fall.  They are installing lines to my generator, gas stove and on demand water heater.  They said the tank needed weight in it to keep it from floating out of the ground.  I think they also need to be able to purge the air out of the new lines.

John Galt 1

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2023, 10:39:58 AM »
RWX,
I'nm in our area and use Folger Gas,      Looks like you got a better price than I did last month.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2023, 11:15:18 AM »
Yes,  I checked with others this morning and it is a good price.  They installed a 1000 gal underground tank and are now installing the pipes to the appliance locations.  When done I am sure they will want to fill up the tank.  At that price I am inclined to say OK.

Surveyor1

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2023, 12:12:46 PM »
Yes,  I checked with others this morning and it is a good price.  They installed a 1000 gal underground tank and are now installing the pipes to the appliance locations.  When done I am sure they will want to fill up the tank.  At that price I am inclined to say OK.

Can’t they just fill it up now at the good price? 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2023, 02:05:57 PM »

Can’t they just fill it up now at the good price?
I hope so.  I will be checking on that this week.  Can't do anything on the weekend.

Edit 6-15     Yep.  Got another 761.5 Gal.  The tank is full.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:57:22 PM by RWS »

Surveyor1

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2023, 03:06:43 PM »
Good deal, that should last quite awhile, especially in “conservation mode”!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2023, 03:42:26 PM »
Just checked prices here and they said $2.50 so it sounds like you got a great price!!!

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2023, 05:32:40 PM »
Boxing in the spring is next.  Did not know where i was going to get help until an old friend texted me requesting to hunt my property this year.  I said yes.  Then he asked what I needed help with.  My BOL makes a perfect winter hunting camp as it has spring fed water, solar electricity and a wood stove.  Being dug back into a foothill it stays relatively warm inside when closed up.  Before winter I hope to have a full bathroom and warm water shower.  I need to get all the help I need out of him!  When I had teen age boys he let us tag along on hunting/camping out above Desota Falls.  One trip he was by himself and returning to camp when he noticed motion in his camp site.  Looking thru his rifle scope he saw a bear.  It was an old bear as it had grey whiskers.  When he got closer and took another look he realized it wasn't an old bear that it was his hot chocolate mix.  His wife is the one that asked me last year did I have a years worth of food put up.  I told her then that I intended to grow mine.  I think they have become preppers after reading 1 second after.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:12:38 AM by RWS »

Abigayle

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2023, 03:00:45 PM »
Now, your friend has to read Camping 101, where it explains about hanging your food in a tree, not putting it in your tent.  You get two choices, food in tent, good photo shoot and get to use the tent for the very last time. Second choice, use a tree, and find peace.
The bear hunters up in Wisconsin, get free frosting from the bakeries and put it in a big pit.  Not very sportsman like, but you can only get a permit like every seven years now. The bear population gets too thick and hungry, if they don't even up the odds, I guess.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2023, 03:08:34 PM »
Now, your friend has to read Camping 101, where it explains about hanging your food in a tree, not putting it in your tent.  You get two choices, food in tent, good photo shoot and get to use the tent for the very last time. Second choice, use a tree, and find peace.
The bear hunters up in Wisconsin, get free frosting from the bakeries and put it in a big pit.  Not very sportsman like, but you can only get a permit like every seven years now. The bear population gets too thick and hungry, if they don't even up the odds, I guess.
He knows about hanging food.  We hiked 400 miles of the AT together.  I guess he was just lazy.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2023, 12:36:20 PM »
                                          It has started

Well we had our first RAIDER visit this past week.  A young man on a jacked up and extended spacing between tires 4 wheeler came up the road.  He drove up the driveway to my neighbors house.  I just figured he was a friend visiting.  After a little while he came back down the driveway and came up to mine.  He looked up my driveway, saw me watching and went on to the other neighbors house.  That neighbor and his car were behind the house and not visible from the road.  He drove down the driveway to the house.  The 4 wheeler ATV was loud and the neighbor heard him.  When he went around to the side of the house to greet his guest, the boy took off.  A little while later another neighbor came by and said this boy  was out scouting and by that time I had already figured it out.  He had already stolen a TV from the neighbors barn and that is what he was doing crossing my land was re-visiting the old barn in back to see if there was anything else to take.  Of course the sheriff was called (and never came). 

Abigayle

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2023, 12:48:36 PM »
Easy assumption, he is from the area, unless he has a pickup with a ramp parked down the road. If he lives nearby, other neighbors know who he is.  Young kid?  daddy is either the same type, or he will have a come to Jesus meeting with the kid, if you all show up at his door.  If the latter is true, he should not be able to show up with a TV.  The four wheeler must be accommodating any "treasures he comes up with. At least you have a way for the three of you to watch each others backs.  I would have exchanged phone numbers or walkie talkies with those of value. 
Our area has been lucky, but it's coming...oh ya....it's a comin'....
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2023, 07:56:13 AM »
Salamanders  I piped on my spring yesterday and left the water running down the pipe all night.  This morning I went up to the spring box to turn the water off.  I opened it up and saw gold fish swimming around in my spring box.  I got one in my hand and got a better look and it was a (baby?) salamander.  I let the water out of the spring box and there were at least 10 salamanders in there.  I will get the tea strainer out of the camper and get them all out.  I guess they would be fish bait.  They had to have come out of the spring.  I wonder what else I am to discover!

Anyway, I am going to cut the box out of the lines and turn it over to clean it good then install unions in the pipes.  Looks like a regular PM.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:41:57 AM by RWS »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal